Award-winning Technology Moves to Next Generation, Final Cut Pro X Support Coming Soon
Boston, MA/Atlanta, GA - August 25, 2011 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that it will partner with Nexidia, the leading provider of audio analysis and dialogue search technology for the media and entertainment industries, to launch Boris Soundbite, a fast and accurate tool to locate footage by finding any word or phrase spoken in multimedia files.
"Dialogue search has generated more excitement amongst editors this year than any other new technology," said Boris Yamnitsky, President and Founder of Boris FX. "We are excited to expand our family of postproduction workflow solutions with Soundbite and we are dedicated to making it a standard part of every editor's arsenal."
Nexidia's patented dialogue search technology, which has already received accolades from Creative COW, DV Magazine, Post Magazine, and others, quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media. With the new Boris Soundbite, video editors, producers, and journalists will be able to instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their Final Cut Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio.
"Leading editors already know that dialogue search saves time, reduces transcription costs, and lets them be more creative," said Drew Lanham, SVP/GM of Media for Nexidia. "By leveraging the development power and global reach of Boris FX, we'll be able to bring a whole new generation of dialogue search to the Final Cut Pro community."
Key Dialogue Search Features for Final Cut Pro
Key features of Boris Soundbite include:
- Combine multiple phrases and standard Final Cut Pro metadata terms to search hundreds of hours of media in just seconds.
- Preview results in the Soundbite player. Soundbite will search and play virtually any media file supported in QuickTime.
- One click places selected clips into a Final Cut Pro project, including markers for each dialogue match and in/out points set in the Soundbite player.
- Multiple languages and dialects are supported, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch.
Boris Soundbite incorporates several features previously unavailable to Final Cut Pro users, such as:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) Support: Soundbite supports Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Streamlined User Interface: Soundbite presents users with a modernized user interface that facilitates fast, efficient operation from a single window.
Network Volume Support: Soundbite can access content stored on network drives that are mounted to the machine - including any drive or volume mounted on a desktop and connected via Ethernet in a LAN environment.
- New Languages: In addition to English and Latin American Spanish, Soundbite is available for European French, German, Castilian Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
- Track Selection: To further increase accuracy, users can select which audio channels to search.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Soundbite will be available in September 2011 through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX website for an introductory price of $295 USD. The introductory price will be offered for 30 days. Thereafter, the MSRP will be $495 USD.
A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download from the demo downloads section at Toolfarm.com. Boris Soundbite supports Final Cut Pro v7 and v6.0.2. All Soundbite users will be eligible for a free update to a forthcoming version that supports Final Cut Pro X.
Owners of "AV3 Get for Final Cut Pro" will be eligible for a free upgrade to Soundbite. For more information, please contact Boris FX at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.617.451.9900.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
Nexidia is the audio and video search company with patented technologies and breakthrough applications that enable customers to quickly gain new insight, build competitive advantage, and realize the possibilities for monetization in audio and video content from media outlets, contact centers, government intelligence and legal discovery.