Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Change log for Color Rules Ver 1.1 Build 100
New: Turn on or turn off all Color Rules effects applied to layers in one operation. This ON/OFF button is available on the Color Rules control panel.
Fixed: Certain text layers show "Source Missing" error when a Color Rules applied After Effects project is opened in After Effects.
This is a free update for owners of Color Rules.
Friday, September 09, 2011
September 08, 2011 -- Red Giant today announced it will debut Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Sony Vegas Pro in the Sony stand (#12.A10) at IBC 2011, Sept. 9-13, in Amsterdam. Magic Bullet Looks 2 is designed specifically to enable Vegas Pro users to tap into Red Giants powerful, industry-popular color design tool and instantly apply the effects directly within the Vegas Pro timeline.
Magic Bullet Looks 2 delivers the full scope of color design tools from the original Looks 2 and is compatible with both Vegas Pro 10 and the forthcoming Vegas Pro 11. Magic Bullet Looks 2 is fully integrated with Magic Bullet Suite 11 and features support for all Looks presets, including Red Giant Looks Guru Preset Packs. Users can also install Looks 2 directly from the new Magic Bullet Suite installer.
"Vegas Pro has emerged as a critically important editing platform in the post production pipeline, so we want to ensure that our users have access to the best visual effects and color design tools possible," said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing at Sony Creative Software. "Red Giants visual effects and color tools are among the most sought after in the industry. Debuting this software at IBC 2011 will allow attendees to see its highly desired features."
Magic Bullet Looks 2 integrates seamlessly with the application, appearing in its drop-down menu along with other available effects. Users simply apply Magic Bullet Looks to a clip or effect chain within the Vegas Pro software timeline to instantly create immersive looks for sequences. Key frameable Looks parameters are also available for Vegas Pro artists, similar to the workflow for After Effects and Final Cut Pro users.
Magic Bullet Looks for Vegas Pro is based on Looks 2, which was released in Summer 2011 and comprises the recently announced Magic Bullet Suite 11, offers powerful new capabilities, including:
- A new, professionally designed and modernized user interface
64 new and updated presets designed by professional colorists and designers
- New scopes, including Hue/Lightness, Skin Scope, Hue/Saturation and Memory Colors
- Six new tools including the Colorista II 3-Way, Ranged HSL and Pop, bringing the power of Colorista II right into Looks. New tools like Cosmo, Haze
- Flare and Lens Distortion open up users creative possibilities.
- Video Out hardware support for Black Magic and AJA, the top customer request
- Improved speed, size and resolution for better handling of large file formats and more efficient rendering;
Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Vegas Pro is available immediately and is part of Magic Bullet Suite 11. For more information, or to purchase Magic Bullet Suite 11 with Looks 2 for Vegas Pro, please visit www.redgiant.com.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc authoring. Sound Forge Pro, ACID Pro, and Vegas Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company's professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty-free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc authoring: Blu-code encoder, Dualstream 3D MVC encoder, Z Depth 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The companys customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
Vegas is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Creative Software Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
About Red Giant
Founded in 2002, Red Giant (www.redgiant.com) creates an ever-expanding universe of effects tools ranging from plug-in suites, applications and mobile apps to Guru Presets, free products and sharing communities. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide television programming to web production. Red Giant offers the industry-leading Trapcode tools for broadcast design; Magic Bullet Suite for color correction; and over 60 products that run in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Avid, Vegas, Nuke, and Avid Studio. Our effects have enhanced dozens of feature films such as Angels & Demons and The Social Network, and added sparkle to networks like NBC Universal, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy Central, MTV, and TNT. Join us on Facebook (RedGiantSoftware), follow us on Twitter (@RedGiantNews) and get free content at Redgiantpeople.com.
Boris Soundbite quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media.
Video editors, producers, and journalists can instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their Final Cut Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio. Based on Nexidia’s patented dialogue search technology - which has received accolades from Creative COW, DV Magazine, Post, and others - Boris Soundbite greatly reduces logging and transcription costs and lets you spend your time being creative instead of manually searching hours of video.
Just $295 for a Limited Time! (regularly $495)
Learn More/Purchase in our Store | Free Trial
Award-winning Technology Moves to Next Generation, Final Cut Pro X Support Coming Soon
Boston, MA/Atlanta, GA - August 25, 2011 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that it will partner with Nexidia, the leading provider of audio analysis and dialogue search technology for the media and entertainment industries, to launch Boris Soundbite, a fast and accurate tool to locate footage by finding any word or phrase spoken in multimedia files.
"Dialogue search has generated more excitement amongst editors this year than any other new technology," said Boris Yamnitsky, President and Founder of Boris FX. "We are excited to expand our family of postproduction workflow solutions with Soundbite and we are dedicated to making it a standard part of every editor's arsenal."
Nexidia's patented dialogue search technology, which has already received accolades from Creative COW, DV Magazine, Post Magazine, and others, quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media. With the new Boris Soundbite, video editors, producers, and journalists will be able to instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their Final Cut Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio.
"Leading editors already know that dialogue search saves time, reduces transcription costs, and lets them be more creative," said Drew Lanham, SVP/GM of Media for Nexidia. "By leveraging the development power and global reach of Boris FX, we'll be able to bring a whole new generation of dialogue search to the Final Cut Pro community."
Key Dialogue Search Features for Final Cut Pro
Key features of Boris Soundbite include:
- Combine multiple phrases and standard Final Cut Pro metadata terms to search hundreds of hours of media in just seconds.
- Preview results in the Soundbite player. Soundbite will search and play virtually any media file supported in QuickTime.
- One click places selected clips into a Final Cut Pro project, including markers for each dialogue match and in/out points set in the Soundbite player.
- Multiple languages and dialects are supported, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch.
Boris Soundbite incorporates several features previously unavailable to Final Cut Pro users, such as:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) Support: Soundbite supports Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Streamlined User Interface: Soundbite presents users with a modernized user interface that facilitates fast, efficient operation from a single window.
Network Volume Support: Soundbite can access content stored on network drives that are mounted to the machine - including any drive or volume mounted on a desktop and connected via Ethernet in a LAN environment.
- New Languages: In addition to English and Latin American Spanish, Soundbite is available for European French, German, Castilian Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
- Track Selection: To further increase accuracy, users can select which audio channels to search.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Soundbite will be available in September 2011 through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX website for an introductory price of $295 USD. The introductory price will be offered for 30 days. Thereafter, the MSRP will be $495 USD.
A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download from the demo downloads section at Toolfarm.com. Boris Soundbite supports Final Cut Pro v7 and v6.0.2. All Soundbite users will be eligible for a free update to a forthcoming version that supports Final Cut Pro X.
Owners of "AV3 Get for Final Cut Pro" will be eligible for a free upgrade to Soundbite. For more information, please contact Boris FX at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.617.451.9900.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
Nexidia is the audio and video search company with patented technologies and breakthrough applications that enable customers to quickly gain new insight, build competitive advantage, and realize the possibilities for monetization in audio and video content from media outlets, contact centers, government intelligence and legal discovery.
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Paul Irmiter Series Dacar is a 2.5GB collection of light leaks and lens flares created with a 1953 Dacora Dacar lens. It's really fun to use.
NEW! Text Effects Guru Pack, Volume 1 Update
60 Templates for Easy, Explosive Logo & Text Animation
This exciting update to Cassidy Bisher's Text Effects Guru Pack Volume 1 offers 60 vibrant and easy ways to showcase your logos and text. Drop your text or logo into fiery, organic animations; shatter words with metallic light explosions; or become the ghost in the machine with old-school video game stylization. Sound FX are included and already synced in most of the templates to quickly bring your project to an explosive finish.
Fiery features of Text Effects Guru Pack include:
- 60 Templates in 12 vibrantly colored styles create easy-to-use animation.
- Place your logo inside a placeholder and let After Effects do the rest.
- You can alternately put text, photos or videos in the placeholder.
- Sound FX are included for a fast start with all of your media.
- Great for Video Intros or Movie Trailer style presentations.
Get started faster. Watch six training videos that explain how to easily customize the templates. Cassidy Bissher talks about Trapcode settings, After Effects tips and editing the text effects.
Free update for Volume 1 owners. To download the FREE update to Text Effects Volume 1, go to this Product Download page. NOTE: This installation will require your original Volume 1 serial number. Need help? Contact our Support team.
SAN JOSE, Calif. and AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Sept. 8, 2011 - Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced at the IBC 2011 Conference and Exhibition that it has acquired certain assets of privately held IRIDAS, a leader in high-performance tools for digital color grading and enhancement of professional film and video content, including stereoscopic technology. Color grading is an essential component of finalizing professional film and television content and is becoming an increasingly important part of modern content creation with the advent and rapid growth of High Dynamic Range (HDR) video.
With the addition of IRIDAS technology, Adobe® Creative Suite® Production Premium and Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection, the world’s leading video tools for professionals, are expected to gain a comprehensive set of tools so video editors can manipulate color and light for any type of content, including professional film and television. The addition of premier color grading tools exemplifies Adobe’s commitment and leadership in the digital film and video space.
“Adobe has set the standard for rich communication and collaboration across all media and we’ve been rapidly innovating on solutions for professional filmmakers,” said Jim Guerard, vice president and general manager for professional video and audio, Creative and Media Solutions Business Unit, Adobe. “The integration of IRIDAS’ leading color grading technology helps us continue to deliver high quality tools and redefines how professionals in the motion picture and video industry view, manipulate, enhance and produce their digital creations from script to screen.”
The addition of IRIDAS technology includes SpeedGrade, an award-winning toolset for Stereo 3D, RAW processing, color grading and finishing of digital content. IRIDAS offers the only non-destructive tools for primary and secondary color correction that are optimized for multi-core CPU and GPU performance, paralleling the industry-leading speed and efficiency of the Adobe Premiere® Pro and Adobe Mercury Playback Engine software.
“Joining forces with Adobe provides us with an amazing opportunity to get our technology into more peoples’ hands,” said Lin Sebastian Kayser, chief executive officer, IRIDAS. “Adobe has demonstrated real commitment to the professional film and video market with its recent releases and has a known track record of integrating acquired technologies. With the addition of our color grading technology I believe Production Premium can lead the HDR video and stereoscopic charge as the film and professional video industry evolves.”
Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure
This press release includes forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, including risks and uncertainties related to Adobe’s ability to successfully address the market for digital color grading. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including statements regarding: the ability of Adobe to address the market for digital color grading and the growth of this market and other anticipated benefits of the transaction to Adobe; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. These risks, uncertainties and other factors, and the general risks associated with Adobe’s business, could cause actual results to differ materially from those referred to in the forward-looking statements. The reader is cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to Adobe and are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. For a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, individuals should refer to Adobe's SEC filings. Adobe does not assume any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements or other statements included in this press release.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
“The new BCC 3D Lens Flare filter is hands-down the best lens flare on the market,” commented Steve Oakley, Practical Illusions and Media Productions. “Orienting the flare layer to the camera is a snap and the new caustic features allow you to create unique organic looks.”
BCC gives editors and compositors the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. A whopping 200+ filters include 3D Objects such as Extruded Text, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, 3 Way Color Grading and other color correction tools, time-based effects such as Optical Stabilizer, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. Customers can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project – without the need for a costly subscription service. Both static and animated BCC presets are supported on the After Effects platform. Presets can be shared with matching BCC installations on any host application in which BCC is installed. In addition, via the Boris Transfer workflow utilities, BCC is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software – with parameters and keyframed information in-tact. Boris Transfer AE transfers Avid or Final Cut Pro sequences to After Effects while Boris Transfer FCP transfers sequences between Avid and Final Cut Pro.
"For the BCC 8 release, our development team was tasked with creating the best 3D particles, lens flares, glows, and lights in the industry, and they rose to the challenge," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "BCC 8 also continues our commitment to providing robust color correction and image restoration features, adding videoscope and flicker reduction filters on top of tools for 3-way color grading, secondary color correction, noise reduction, ‘electronic makeup’, and fixing bad pixels or low-quality footage."
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE New Feature Highlights
- BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an After Effects composition, ensuring broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element in the project.
- BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
- BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
- BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting. This powerful volumetric lighting tool adds striking realism to 3D composites.
- BCC Lens Flare 3D leverages GPU acceleration and AE’s camera and lighting system to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements, and beautiful transitions.
- BCC Particle Emitter gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
- BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options to enhance broadcast graphics.
- BCC Wild Cards provides an easy-to-use particle-based filter for building complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
- Enhanced After Effects Integration includes full integration with AE’s 3D camera and lighting system, support for vector masks directly from AE layers, and the ability to take advantage of audio directly from AE audio tracks.
- 32-Bit Float Support is included as part of BCC’s GPU implementation and it is equally supported with ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards – with no loss of performance.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 8 AE will be available in October 2011 for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. Customers who purchase BCC 7 AE as of September 8, 2011 will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to BCC 8 AE.
For a limited time, owners of GenArts Sapphire for Adobe After Effects will be eligible to crossgrade to BCC 8 AE for $295 USD (limited to two crossgrade licenses per customer).
BCC 8 AVX for Avid, BCC 8 OFX for Sony Vegas Pro, and BCC 8 FxPlug for Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X, and Motion are scheduled for release later in 2011. Customers who purchase BCC 7 AVX, BCC 7 OFX, or BCC 7 FxPlug as of September 8, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Version 8.
Boris FX will demonstrate BCC 8 AE at the 2011 IBC Exhibition on stand 6.A03.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
RED GIANT TV LIVE! EPISODE #2: SMOKE & FIRE
Join Guru Harry Frank for FREE Particular 2 & Form 2 Training
Slam-dunk an exciting hour with Harry Frank, Red Giant's in-house motion designer. Harry will show intriguing examples of smoke and fire created with Trapcode Suite, and explain how to apply these techniques to your After Effects projects.
Using Trapcode Particular 2 and Trapcode Form 2, Harry guides you through creating smoke and fire in easy-to-follow steps. His demonstration will heat up your visual effects skills - so don't miss Red Giant TV LIVE, Episode #2.
In this live streaming Red Giant event, as Harry explains Particular and Form, he will take questions from you, on-the-spot, through web chat. If you have a burning question, ask Harry Frank, and he will provide the answer as you wait.
WHEN: Monday, September 12th
TIME: 10am-11am PST / 1pm-2pm EST
HOW: Log into Facebook. Go to the RedGiantSoftware page. On the left side, select Red Giant TV Live. Click the Play button in the video link and enter your email address at the prompt. The live demo will ignite...err...start playing.
WHY: This free live event will show you how Trapcode Suite can add creativity and flexibility to your work.
Project files and a cool script are included.
Get inspiration from International Design Heroes and Adobe Evangelists as they share their expertise at Adobe Design for Impact Live Virtual Event on October 12.
Here are some of the interesting sessions:
- Insights from JEDI Productions on Digital Imaging
- Master Class: Tips & Tricks on Photoshop & Digital Imaging
- Insights from Rhythm & Hues Studio on Motion Design (taught by Hussin Khan, who is a friend who runs After Effects Malaysia)
- Master Class: Tips & Tricks on After Effects, Premiere Pro & Motion Design (with Karle Soule)
Note the times of the classes. The link brings you to the schedule based on Singapore time, so these may be taking place in the middle of the night where you live.
The following is a list of updates by Plug-in vendors in regards to current or future support of Final Cut Pro X. We will keep this page updated and post new info as we receive it.
- Automatic Duck
- CHV Electronics
- Noise Industries (Including FxPacks)
- Red Giant
Automatic DuckAutomatic Duck Pro Export FCP includes an export app that works with the new Final Cut Pro X to export AAF or OMF to send audio to Pro Tools!
FCP X to Pro Tools
In this movie we show how you can export audio from Final Cut Pro X to Pro Tools via AAF or OMF.
Pro Export FCP 5.0 only works with Final Cut Pro X, so the v4.0 plug-in for Final Cut Pro 7 and earlier is still available. When you purchase you get both Pro Export FCP 4.0 for FCP7 and Pro Export FCP 5.0 for FCPX.
Pro Export FCP 5.0 for FCPX ships along with Pro Export FCP 4.0 for FCP 7 for $495. Users of Pro Export FCP 4.0 and earlier can upgrade to Pro Export FCP 5.0 for FCPX for $195.
Boris FXUpdate from BorisFX:
"Hundreds of thousands of Apple Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express customers rely on Boris FX text, visual effects, compositing, and workflow tools on a daily basis. As we announced at NAB 2011, we fully intend to support the newly-released Apple Final Cut Pro X to the maximum extent possible.
BorisFX will be updating their FCP X status on their blog: http://www.borisfx.com/aboutboris/boris-fx-apple-final-cut-pro-x.php
CHVCHV announces support for FCP X and Motion 5
CHV is proud to be the first FxPlug plugin developer to release any new native plugins for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 after Apple made the FxPlug 2.0 Software Developer Kit for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 available for all developers. Version 2.0.0 is based on the new FxPlug SDK V2.0 and takes full advantage of Snow Leopards's new 64-bit architecture.
- QC Integration FX: $ 95
- Key Pro: $ 95
- Svengali Rays Pro: $ 55
- 3D Video: $ 55
- FxPlug-Bundle (includes Morphing FX, Magic 3D FX, Particles Heaven FX and Shining FX): $ 254
- Morphing FX: $ 65
- Particles Heaven FX: $95
- Shining FX: $ 75
- Magic 3D FX: $ 65
CoremeltUpdate from CoreMelt:
06-22-11: Apple today (22 June) released their latest version of Final Cut Pro; Final Cut Pro X.
There's a lot of great new features, and we are investigating the best way of adding support for our current and future products.
Unfortunately, Apple choose not to give us any information about plugin support in FCP X prior to it's release today (22/6/11). We would like to support FCP X as quickly as possible, but until we have examined the work involved in detail we are unable to commit to any timescale for FCP X support.
We apologize for this situation which was beyond our control and not at all ideal to both us and to you, our valued customers.
However, let's be blunt, if you are a professional editor that works with R3D or other RAW formats, tape based ingest, has a hardware I/O board (BlackMagic, Kona or Matrox) or needs XML to work with RedCine X or to import from other editors, then FCP X is not yet for you. I suggest you read this article on Creative Cow which lays out the many areas of FCP X that still need developing.
FCP X: Ready or not here it comes
I can make the following commitment on behalf of CoreMelt, by the time FCP X is ready for the professional editor, we will support it to the best of our ability.,
In the meantime, it is possible (but not recommended) to run both FCP 7 and FCP X on the same hard drive. This way you can still access all your CoreMelt plugins from within FCP 7. Please see this Apple knowledge base article for details.
CrumplePOPCrumplePop Lumineux, Dacar and CrumplePop Noir Moderne work with FCP X now. We are working on updates for the rest of our products, and these updates will be released in late summer 2011. The updates will be free to current users of CrumplePop effects. The FCP X versions of our products will be significantly more fun to use than the FCP 6/7 versions.
DigieffectsDigieffects Will Be Ready for FCPX
Digieffects is Developing Delirium v2 and Damage v2 Plug-in Suites for the New Final Cut Pro X
Wilmington, NC - June 22, 2011
With the release of FCPX, it's clear the professional community has many unanswered questions, particularly in regards to plug-in support. Today, Digieffects products support FxPlug v1.0, and indications are that Apple will soon announce third party plug-in support via FxPlug v2.0. When they do, Digieffects will be ready as well. We're in active development upgrading our FxPlug support and fully expect to be shipping in sync with Apple.
Listed on Apple's Site, no Official Statement at this time.
ISPISP has updated "ROBUSKEY for Video" for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5.
Noise Industries / FxFactoryThe New Version (2.6) FxFactory makes the most essential visual effects available in Final Cut Pro X and introduces support for Motion 5.
At this point there is no native FxPlug support in FCP X. Noise Industries' current FCP X effects are implemented as Motion Filters, Transitions and Generators.
More than 140 effects, generators and transitions from FxFactory Pro are now available inside Final Cut Pro X. The upgrade is free for current FxFactory Pro customers.
All our plug-ins continue to be available in previous versions of Final Cut Pro and other hosts, including the new Motion 5.
Learn More/Purchase FxFactory Pro in our Store | Download Trial / Update
What’s New/ Support in Final Cut Pro X
FxFactory Pro is our first product to become available in Final Cut Pro X.
Noise Industries FxFactory (Free Download) embraces the modern architecture of Final Cut Pro X to allow seamless background renders, firing up multiple processor cores and graphics cards to deliver your results. Our effects are a natural fit for the new high-precision, color managed pipeline offered by Final Cut Pro X.
Noise Industries FxFactory Pro effects, generators and transitions for Final Cut Pro X are not based on the FxPlug architecture. Only a limited set of plug-ins and features are currently available in Final Cut Pro X.
What’s New / Support in Motion 5
FxFactory 2.6 lets you enjoy all our products in Motion 5, giving you access to the full range of plug-ins and advanced features.
Motion 5 sets a new standard for accelerated, film-quality visual effects. For the best experience using our plug-ins in Motion 5, we recommend a graphics card with at least 512MB of video memory.
FxFactory FxPacks that are updated:
- PHYX plug-ins
- Dashwood Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0
- FxFactory SUGARfx Light Pack 2.0
Red GiantRed Giant Magic Bullet Mojo for FCP X is out! Free upgrade for Mojo owners
Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Simulating 2,000+ popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, plus natural light and photographic effects, the Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite is the definitive set of digital optical filters.
Tiffen Dfx v3 Standalone: A complete Standalone system offers over 2000 filters and special effects. For Windows and Macintosh.
Tiffen Dfx v3 Photo Plug-in: Get one Dfx v3 photo plug-in license to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture.
Boasting enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand new filters for optical effects, interface improvements, and more, Tiffen Dfx V3 takes still images to the next level of visual brilliance. New filter and effects capabilities include:
New in Tiffen Dfx Version 3.0
Color Shadow: Creates a high contrast image overlayed with a gradient, simulating the look and feel of those colorful iPod® commercials.DeBand: Removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail. Banding frequently occurs, in blue skies for instance, with DSLR’s as well as digital cameras. DeBand effectively smooths out this unwanted banding .
DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images which often cause square blocking artifacts.DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, is a common problem. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while still retaining detail.
Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black & white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of either old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular brands from Kodak®, Fuji®, Agfa®, Polaroid®, and Ilford®.Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light. Changing the lighting after an image has been photographed gives the photographer/editor control to fix or enhance their images, as well as create interesting lighting effects.Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting through an interior window. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look. Adding texture to an image is a great way to create a unique and customized look.Match: Matches the color, detail, gradient, and tone of one image and applies it to another.
Today, MAXON announced the immediate availability of CINEMA 4D Release 13, the next generation of its industry- leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. With all new character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities, stream-lined multi-artist collaboration and physical rendering, CINEMA 4D Release 13 builds on the company’s 25-year legacy of enabling digital content creators around the world to produce highly engaging content quickly and easily for a variety of industries.
Customers with an active MAXON Service Agreement (MSA) valid through September 2nd will automatically receive their upgrade. Current customers who do not have an active MSA can purchase an upgrade through MAXON and its authorized dealers. Pricing and upgrade information is available at www.maxon.net. Release 13 will make its first official European trade show appearance at the IBC exhibition in Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 9-13, 2011 (MAXON Booth can be found in the RAI Hall 6, stand 6 C.10).
"Release 13 is an amazing upgrade. We've been working with CINEMA 4D for ten years and this is a giant leap forward. The new physical renderer produces outstanding quality and the new character tools save hours of precious production time", states Raffael Leb, CEO of Vienna-based studio Cybertime. "However, what we like most of all are the dozens of workflow improvements that make working with Release 13 enjoyable. You wonder how you lived without them", emphasizes Leb, whose studio boasts clients like Ford, Diners Club and M&Ms.
Key Highlights of CINEMA 4D Release 13:
MAXON offers four versions of CINEMA 4D, each catering to the needs of 3D artists in different industries. NOTE: The features listed below may not be included in every configuration.
- New and Enhanced Rendering Engine: Digital artists are constantly striving to improve the quality of their images. This new version gives CINEMA 4D users a bundle of new tools to aid in achieving the realism they crave.
- Physically-Accurate Rendering: Creating photorealistic images is easier than ever with the new physical render engine. Based on real camera properties, this additional render engine accurately calculates 3D motion blur, depth of field and lens distortion based on the focal length, aperture and shutter speed of the camera.
- Efficient Subsurface Scattering: Now users can efficiently create translucent materials such as milk, skin and wax with a new subsurface scattering shader included with both the new Physical Render and CINEMA 4D's standard render engines.
- Shared Image Sampler: Saves tons of render time by combining sampling for multiple effects such as motion blur, depth of field, area shadows, ambient occlusion and blurry reflections. Sample options allow users to specify a fixed number of samples, apply an adaptive number of samples based on the geometry and shading complexity, or progressively render each frame within a given number of passes or amount of time.
- New Anti-Aliasing Filters: Users can now achieve higher quality anti-aliasing using the Mitchell and Gauss algorithms.
Stereoscopic 3D Workflow
Stereoscopic capabilities are supported throughout R13 to provide a dependable solution and fluid workflow for generating high-quality 3D content across a wide variety of media:
- Stereoscopic Camera Conversion: Gives users control to easily convert any camera to a Parallel, On Axis, Off-Axis or Radial Stereoscopic camera.
- Stereo Image Workflow and Preview: Stereo images can be previewed directly in the 3D editor using Anaglyph, Interlaced, Shutter or Side-by-Side methods.
- Stereo Rendering Options: Allows customers to easily render the merged stereoscopic image or separate images for each individual camera to create a true 3D experience.
- Picture Viewer Support: Review animated stereo renders, adjust parallax and export renderings as merged or individual stereoscopic files.
More Accessible Character Tools
The new suite of character animation features simplify the process of building a rig, eliminating technical hurdles and allowing artists to quickly animate characters of all types:
- New Character Object: Includes an auto rigger, which simplifies the process of building a rig and applying it to a character. Technical directors are able to set up flexible rig templates that any user can easily apply to their characters.
- New CMotion System: Allows users to create their own or apply preset parametric walk cycles based on cyclic motion. Make characters walk along a spline and over terrain, or even manually place footsteps. Can be integrated with the character object or applied to anything in a scene.
- New Muscle System: CINEMA 4D R13 now allows users to create custom-shaped muscles and anchor them to multiple joints within a rig. Includes deformer for skin stretching and sliding.
- New Collision Deformer: Deforms surfaces based on collisions enabling characters to intuitively interact with the environment around them.
Numerous Workflow, Modeling and Animation Improvements
CINEMA 4D is renowned for outstanding ease of use. With an enhanced navigation system and a number of interface improvements in R13, users can perform common application tasks more efficiently:
- Revamped Navigation System: New cursor-based navigation automatically sets the point of interest for rotation and dolly movements based on where the user clicks to begin navigation. This also ensures the speed of camera navigation is smooth and consistent, regardless of the distance to the point of interest - making it easy to pivot around any portion of a model or scene.
- Sticky Keys: Allows users to activate a tool only while its shortcut is pressed and immediately return to the previous tool.
- New Spline Data User Interface: Attributes utilizing spline data can now be edited much more precisely with additional spline types and the ability to view splines in a larger, separate window.
- Location Indicator: Provides artists with a new indicator that hints at the location of selected objects outside the current view.
- Surface Manipulation: Offers flexible options with a new Infinite Axis mode that lets users start manipulation from any point and easily snap surfaces to other objects in the scene. The rotation axis can now optionally display gimbal rotation, making it easy to visualize situations in which gimbal lock will occur, and can also transform multiple objects in a selection individually rather than as a group.
- Animation Enhancements: Based on user feedback, a lot of tweaks were made to the animation system to improve efficiency, including clamping, better curve handling, markers, etc.
- Superior XRef Object: Improves artist efficiency with fully embedded XRef (External Reference) commands in R13 so referenced objects can be textured, animated, and included in expressions or simulations within the master file, greatly enhancing work in a collaborative environment.
- Improved C.O.F.F.E.E. and Python Scripting Language Integration: Equips customers with improved integration of the powerful C.O.F.F.E.E. and Python scripting managers, giving programmers and developers a customizable solution for a wide range of software development tasks that can be utilized in any pipeline. Python plugins and scripts now appear alongside those created in CINEMA 4D's C++ and C.O.F.F.E.E. APIs..
- File Format Support: Allows artists to access a range of popular file formats for greater workflow flexibility. Multi-Pass files can now be stored in multiple channels within a single OpenEXR file. The popular FBX and COLLADA file formats have been updated facilitating easier asset exchange and interoperability.
- After Effects Exchange: Gives customers using R13 unparalleled integration with After Effects with the introduction of stage object support, timeline marker exports and support for 29.97fps.
Miscellaneous Productivity Boosting Features
CINEMA 4D R13 also includes many new productivity-boosting features, including a host of new and improved shaders and more.
Recommended system requirements include Windows XP, Vista or 7 running on Intel or AMD CPU with SSE2-Support; Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher running on an Intel-based Mac and 1024 MB RAM, DVD ROM drive. Up to 256 threads now supported. Standard DVD installation can take up to 2.5 GB of disk space.
Availability and Upgrade Path
CINEMA 4D Release 13 and BodyPaint 3D Release 13 are scheduled to ship in September through MAXON and its authorized dealers. Customers with an active MAXON Service Agreement (MSA) valid through September 2nd will automatically receive the upgrade. Current customers who do not have an active MSA can purchase an MSA before the end of August and be eligible for a free upgrade. New customers who purchase from now until August 31st will automatically receive a one-year MSA with their purchase.