Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Boris Soundbite quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media. Video editors, producers, and journalists can instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their Final Cut Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio. Based on Nexidia’s patented dialogue search technology - which has received accolades from Creative COW, DV Magazine, Post, and others - Boris Soundbite greatly reduces logging and transcription costs and lets you spend your time being creative instead of manually searching hours of video.
Find Any Word or Phrase
Find any word or phrase which is spoken in your audio and video files. Simply select folders or FCP projects and Soundbite will search hundreds of hours of media instantly. To refine your search, you can combine up to 8 different spoken phrases with standard file system and FCP metadata filters, then save your search criteria to save even more time later.
Select any clip in the results list and hit the Space bar to preview it in the Soundbite player window. Left/right arrows skip between hits in the file, up/down arrows skip to the next file. Colored markers in the player's timeline show where each hit occurs, and you can set in and out points to create sub-clips, then export selected clips directly to Final Cut Pro.
Export to Final Cut Pro
With a single click, selected clips will appear in your FCP browser, bins, or projects - with colored markers for each dialogue hit and the in/out points you set in Soundbite. Each marker is named with the matching dialogue for easy reference. You can even push the markers into existing clips to avoid duplicating media.
Multiple Languages Supported
Boris Soundbite will support multiple languages and dialects, including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Dutch, with more to come. Soundbite includes your choice of one language; additional language packs will be sold separately. Go here for a complete list of currently supported languages and dialects.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
We have two great sales ending tomorrow, so get in on them now and don't miss out!! Both sales end at Midnight tomorrow.
Los Angeles, CA – August 30, 2011 - Digital Film Tools, developer of visual effects software, today announced that their visual effects plug-in, Rays, has been updated to support popular video and film hosts. New supported hosts include Adobe® After Effects CS5 and up, Premiere Pro CS5 and up, Apple Final Cut Pro 6, 7, and X, Motion 5, and Avid Symphony, Media Composer, Newscutter, and Xpress Pro. Shedding new light on film and video footage, Rays allows users to easily create realistic light ray effects with stunning image quality. Known as volumetric lighting in computer graphics, or crepuscular rays in atmospheric optics, this dramatic effect adds polish and style. By creating shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting out from text, Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
"Expanding the functionality of Rays to now include support for film and video hosts was a clear decision for us," comments Marco Paolini, Founder and President, Digital Film Tools. “We want our plug-ins to help enrich the creative process for all types of visual effects artists – from filmmakers and video editors to photographers and graphic designers. The ability to enhance film or video footage with volumetric lighting, such as Rays, will bring an added dimension of brightness and clarity to any project. We are looking forward to hearing feedback from our film and video users out there and seeing how they put our Rays plug-in to use.”
Rays Feature Highlights
- Set the ray length and brightness
- Control ray direction with an on-screen control
- Customize the color of the rays using a color picker
- Threshold control to specify where the rays will be visible
- Randomize the rays
The Rays Photo plug-in is available now for $50 USD. Compatible with the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Apple Aperture, users can download here.
Note: If the host applications are installed on the same machine, a Rays still image license will allow Rays to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture.
The Rays Video/Film plug-in is available now for $99 USD. Compatible with the following applications, Adobe After Effects CS5 and up, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and up, Apple Final Cut Pro 6, 7, and X, Motion 5, and Avid Symphony, Media Composer, Newscutter, and Xpress Pro, users can download here.
Note: If the host applications are installed on the same machine, a Rays video/film license will allow Rays to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion and Avid Editing Systems.
A standalone version of Rays is also available through the Mac App Store. Please visit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rays/id428179990?mt=12
About Digital Film Tools
Digital Film Tools brings together the unbeatable combination of superior software
designers, motion picture visual effects veterans, video editors and photographers. Add three Emmy Awards and experience in creating visual effects for hundreds of feature films, commercials and television shows and you have a recipe for success.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
FumeFX is a fluid dynamics engine designed for simulation and rendering of realistic fire, smoke, explosion and other gaseous phenomena.
It's versatility, robustness and intuitive workflow makes it a perfect solution for the most demanding tasks in the computer graphics industry. Almost every aspect of simulation can be customized through 3ds max scripting, allowing user to interfere with simulation computation at the lowest level.
AfterBurnAfterBurn is a production-proven volumetric effects plugin that has been used in cinematic productions such as Matrix Reloaded, Armageddon, Dracula 2000, K-19: The Widowmaker, HBO trailer, Mechwarrior3 cine trailer, various IMAX movies and games such as Warcraft3, Starcraft, Sin and many others.
This all-in-one solution enables rendering of ultra realistic effects ranging from clouds, pyroclastic smoke, dust, superb explosions effects, liquid metals, water and various procedurally defined "hard" objects.
DreamScape is sophisticated set of 3DS MAX plug-ins for creating and rendering realistic landscapes, seascapes, skies, clouds, outdoor lighting and more. In contrast to other terrain creation tools for 3DS MAX, DreamScape Terra uses new rendering technologies that occupy much less of your computers memory (RAM) making it possible to render large detailed terrains on even a modest system. An intuitive and friendly user interface will allow you to easily tweak terrain properties, interactively paint elevation, and even to apply erosion effects.
San Francisco, CA - August 24, 2011 - Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of creative tools for Adobe and Apple products, today announced the release of 3D Invigorator 5.0 for Adobe Photoshop. Co-developed with Zaxwerks Inc, this popular 3D design tool lets artists create sophisticated 3D objects, logos, illustrations and text in only minutes. The new 3D Invigorator 5.0 offers time-saving features like the new Object Editor vector tools, as well as updated Photoshop CS5/5.1 and 64-bit compatibility.
The most valuable new feature is 3D Invigorator’s ability to fully edit and create vector shapes and text in its Object Editor. Using imported Illustrator files or designing objects from scratch, it is now possible to create sophisticated 3D designs using the new built-in Pen tool and the familiar automatic 3D extrusion. Once a 3D object is created, new Material Editor and Texture Mapping options give faster rendering and better looking 3D models. Additional new features like customized Lighting effects, GradientWerks for color choices, and Font Browser previews give you a professional and streamlined 3D creation process.
"3D Invigorator has long been known as the best 3D title creator and logo modeler for any 2D visual designer or special effects artist," said Zax Dow, president of Zaxwerks. "The new ability to edit vector objects and text directly in 3D Invigorator really takes it to the next level of 3D design, and lets you create stunning 3D objects in Photoshop.”
Exciting new features of 3D Invigorator 5.0 include:
- Object Editor/Creation: A full vector editing/drawing program within Invigorator lets you easily create or edit shapes with familiar drawing tools.
- Import Illustrator Files: Illustrator support is greatly improved with direct editing of simple or complex Illustrator files in the Object Editor.
- Material Editor: Combine multiple textures using new Material Editor options, including Blend Modes, Texture Maps and the new Procedural Textures.
- Procedural Textures: Create textures directly within Invigorator by layering noise types to create sophisticated, fast rendering, resolution-independent textures.
- Texture Mapping: Create more realistic looking designs by mapping textures onto your 3D object in a variety of ways, including full object wrap-around.
- Material Presets: Get easy design solutions with over 100 different Material presets like gold, chrome, glass, lacquer and puffy surfaces.
- GradientWerks: Zaxwerk’s new tool for creating gradients gives you a mind-boggling variety of colors to build 3D materials and styles.
- Custom Lighting: Lights can be aimed in any 3D direction for creative flexibility, letting you design effects like art deco, mood lighting, rim lights, high keys or color washes.
- Improved Font Support: Postscript, TrueType, and OpenType fonts are now supported, and all fonts can be viewed with the WYSIWYG Font Browser and edited in the Object Editor.
- 64-Bit Support: Now fully compatible with Photoshop CS5/5.1 and 64-bit Mac and Windows operating systems. Hooray!
- Workflow Improvements: New workspace options and tabbed panels give a streamlined and customizable environment.
3D Invigorator 5.0 for Photoshop is regularly priced at USD $199, and offered at an introductory discount of $149 through September 15, 2011. The upgrade price is regularly $99, on sale for $79 through September 15. Owners who purchased an earlier version after June 2010 are eligible for a free upgrade.
The filters work in Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.1. 3D Invigorator supports Macintosh OS 10.5.8 and higher, and runs natively on Intel Macs in 64-bit. The product supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Demo filters and samples are available at www.digitalanarchy.com.
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy is a privately owned company in San Francisco, CA that creates smart image enhancement software for professional and aspiring photographers, broadcast designers and 2D animators. These tools let you spend less time processing images and more time on creative work, solving issues from skin smoothing software to masking out bluescreens for commercial still photography. Digital Anarchy products work in Photoshop, Aperture, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. For more information, please see the company’s website at www.digitalanarchy.com or call 415-287-6069.
Digital Anarchy is a registered trademark of Digital Anarchy Inc. All other brand names, product names, service marks, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
As the world's leading innovator of 3D title and logo technology, Zaxwerks develops software for the digital video, broadcast, film, web and print markets. Customers include ABC, Firestone, Dallas Cowboys Football, TBS SuperStation, Fox Sports, Tech TV, Pixar, Bank of America and many other post production facilities and TV stations around the world. Zaxwerks is a privately held software company with headquarters in Temple City, California. Please visit the Zaxwerks website at www.zaxwerks.com or call 626-309-9102.
Learn more about Digieffects new render management service that will help increase your prodcutivity in the editing room!
RenderMon provides the ability to monitor video rendering from remote locations, giving professionals an extra level of freedom while still assuring the job gets done.
The RenderMon App is still under development. Feel free to download the App and help us to produce the best product as possible.
As a special introductory promotion, RenderMon is free of charge until October 1, 2011. After that, RenderMon is available for $4.99/month or $49.99/year (annual price includes a coupon for a free $49 Digieffects a la carte plug-in).
Boston, MA/Atlanta, GA – August 25, 2011 – Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that it will partner with Nexidia, the leading provider of audio analysis and dialogue search technology for the media and entertainment industries, to launch Boris Soundbite, a fast and accurate tool to locate footage by finding any word or phrase spoken in multimedia files.
“Dialogue search has generated more excitement amongst editors this year than any other new technology,” said Boris Yamnitsky, President and Founder of Boris FX. “We are excited to expand our family of postproduction workflow solutions with Soundbite and we are dedicated to making it a standard part of every editor’s arsenal.”
Nexidia’s patented dialogue search technology, which has already received accolades from DV Magazine, Post Magazine, Creative COW, and others, quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media. With the new Boris Soundbite, video editors, producers, and journalists will be able to instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their Final Cut Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio.
“Leading editors already know that dialogue search saves time, reduces transcription costs, and lets them be more creative,“ said Drew Lanham, SVP/GM of Media for Nexidia. “By leveraging the development power and global reach of Boris FX, we’ll be able to bring a whole new generation of dialogue search to the Final Cut Pro community.”
Key Dialogue Search Features for Final Cut Pro
Key features of Boris Soundbite include:
- Combine multiple phrases and standard Final Cut Pro metadata terms to search hundreds of hours of media in just seconds.
- Preview results in the Soundbite player. Soundbite will search and play virtually any media file supported in QuickTime.
- One click places selected clips into a Final Cut Pro project, including markers for each dialogue match and in/out points set in the Soundbite player.
- Multiple languages and dialects are supported, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch.
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) Support: Soundbite supports Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Streamlined User Interface: Soundbite presents users with a modernized user interface that facilitates fast, efficient operation from a single window.
- Network Volume Support: Soundbite can access content stored on network drives that are mounted to the machine – including any drive or volume mounted on a desktop and connected via Ethernet in a LAN environment.
- New Languages: In addition to English and Latin American Spanish, Soundbite is available for European French, German, Castilian Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
- Track Selection: To further increase accuracy, users can select which audio channels to search.
Boris Soundbite will be available in September 2011 through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX website for an introductory price of $295 USD. The introductory price will be offered for 30 days. Thereafter, the MSRP will be $495 USD.
A full-functioning 14-day trial version will be available for free download from the Boris FX website. Boris Soundbite supports Final Cut Pro v7 and v6.0.2. All Soundbite users will be eligible for a free update to a forthcoming version that supports Final Cut Pro X.
Owners of “AV3 Get for Final Cut Pro” will be eligible for a free upgrade to Soundbite. For more information, please contact Boris FX at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.617.451.9900.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
For more information, visit www.borisfx.com
Nexidia is the audio and video search company with patented technologies and breakthrough applications that enable customers to quickly gain new insight, build competitive advantage, and realize the possibilities for monetization in audio and video content from media outlets, contact centers, government intelligence and legal discovery.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Trapcode Suite is the industry standard package for high quality broadcast design. Get nine full-featured tools for beautiful realistic effects, with an emphasis on flexible 3D motion graphics and an affordable price tag.
- Save $512 when buying the Suite; costs $1,411 for individual plug-ins
- Includes Particular 2, Form 2, Shine and 3D Stroke for all your studio's 3D design needs
- Text titles, logos and animated backgrounds are fast to create and easy to change
- Designed by Peder Norrby, Trapcode's innovative founder and product developer
- Take advantage of the huge Trapcode community to inspire and assist you
Industry standard tools for addictive effects
Trapcode Suite sets the industry bar for high quality, broadcast-ready effects. Its nine tools generate organic, natural content with an emphasis on 3D motion graphics and fast rendering. A powerful physics-based engine runs behind the scenes to let you work flexibly and make changes easily. A huge community following and commercial base mean you don't have to look far to get inspired. Warning: This Suite is addictive.
- Download a free demo of Trapcode Suite 11
- Full $799 • Upgrade $99 • Special upgrade to Trapcode Suite $499
Customers that purchased TC Suite 10 after 7/23/2011 are eligible for a free upgrade. Contact email@example.com for information.
Form 2 keeps the beautiful organic shapes that you love, while adding amazing 3D object import and powerful Particular 2 features for incredible control and endless possibilities.
Words dissolve into sand, a logo catches on fire, and now 3D sequences explode into particles. Form 2 keeps the beautiful organic shapes that you love while adding amazing 3D object support and powerful Particular 2 controls. Give your base form endless 3D possibilities by importing OBJ models, OBJ sequences or starting with our professionally designed presets. Supercharge the form with popular Particular features like Textured Polygon particles and Shading for AE lights. Form 2 has tools that work for the high-end motion designer, the professional VFX compositor and every artist in between. With its reorganized interface and better integration into After Effects, Form has grown alongside your creative needs.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
RayFire Tool gives you the ability to fragment, destroy, demolish, wreck, break down, wreak havoc, blow up, burst, detonate, explode and do other similar things you have always dreamed of to do in Max...
Add modern Hollywood color effects in seconds
Just released! Magic Bullet Mojo is our first product released for FCP X. We continue to fully support Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, and now you can also use Mojo in Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5. This is a free update for all Mojo users.
Red Giant's Engineering and QA teams are working hard on FCP X compatibility for our products. they have made great progress in a short time, and promise that products will be released as they become available.
Now about gettin' some of that great mojo...
With Magic Bullet Mojo, you have one of Hollywood's best tricks up your own sleeve. Modern blockbusters often use a subtle coloring effect to warm up actors' skin tones while backgrounds and shadows get a cool blue treatment -- but the trick is to do it while keeping your talent in focus. Magic Bullet Mojo gives you the look of a modern Hollywood blockbuster in seconds, with easy customizable controls to suit any footage.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Availability & Pricing
- The three-month Silhouette Floating License Server and 3 License Rental Package for new customers is available now for $1500 USD.
- The three-month 1 Silhouette Floating License Rental Package for existing Silhouette customers is available now at a discounted price of just $500 USD.
Pixologic, Inc., makers of the award-winning ZBrush software attended SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver over August 9th- 11th where they unveiled their latest version - ZBrush 4 Release 2 - to packed audiences.
ZBrush 4R2 introduces many significant new features, as well as major enhancements throughout ZBrush.
New features can be seen in two ‘sneak preview’ movies for ZBrush 4R2 at ZBrushCentral
Pixologic hosted hourly demonstrations at SIGGRAPH booth #439, where attendees, users and newcomers saw the latest features, presented live by industry renowned artists from top film and games studios including Sony, EA, Digital Domain, Image Engine and Framestore.
Every presentation was standing room only. Many people, keen to glean as much information as they could concerning the new version, returned for multiple presentations during the week.
ZBrush 4R2 will be released on both Windows and Macintosh platforms for the public for purchase and download on Sept 20th 2011.
ZBrush 4R2 will also be a free upgrade for all current registered ZBrush users. Those who purchase between now and the release of ZBrush 4R2, will receive the new version as a free upgrade.
Additional information regarding ZBrush 4R2 new features and full descriptions will be available at a later date. View the Pixologic Siggraph 2011 page for presenters, Siggraph blog report and images.
Jimmy Golding, Marketing Director at Pixologic commented:
“We had a very exciting show and are delighted with the response from our community, newcomers and future talent to the latest groundbreaking features of ZBrush. It’s been over 10 years during which ZBrush has made its impact in the creative digital industry. We believe ZBrush 4 R2 will enable the user and artist in you to be more creative and productive than ever before.”
Pricing and Availability
ZBrush 4R2 is a free upgrade for all ZBrush registered users. ZBrush 4R2 will be available for purchase and downloaded online at Toolfarm.com on Sept 20th 2011 ZBrush 4 (for Win and Mac) retails for USD $699.00 for both Windows and Mac platforms. A trial version of ZBrush 4 (for Win and Mac) is available for download here.
ZBrush is an integrated modeling, texturing, and illustration environment. ZBrush’s innovative set of real-time, sculpting, texturing, and deformation tools is used in major film studios and game companies worldwide. It is also used extensively in concept design, comic illustration, toy and collectible industries, rapid prototyping as well as scientific illustration. ZBrush’s instant feedback and real-time response makes it the most natural feeling digital sculpting tool available today. As a stand-alone application, ZBrush offers tremendous flexibility and appeals to a wide audience.
Founded in 1997, Pixologic Incorporated develops and markets innovative software tools for the film and video, games and illustration markets. Pixologic is privately owned and is located in California, with offices in Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area and France.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
By partnering with Boris FX, mocha AE will now support tracking data import for the following systems:
- Avid Media Composer
- Apple Final Cut Pro v7
- Apple Motion v4
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
- Sony Vegas Pro
This affordable software bundle from Imagineer Systems and Boris FX enables you to track footage and seamlessly match transform, scale, rotation, and perspective motion within your editing system of choice. mocha's popular planar tracker easily solves the most difficult tracking challenges without track marks! Then, use the Boris Continuum Motion Tracker Unit plug-ins to import tracking data directly to your timeline for realistic visual effects finishing. Insert new content into cell phones and monitors, replace license plates and signs, and marry text and graphics to camera motion! Track and obscure faces with blur, mosaic, or tint.
Get mocha AE and the Boris Continuum Motion Tracker Unit for just $299!
Sapphire v6 is currently scheduled to be released around the end of September 2011. We're excited to tell you about some of the key innovations that will be included in v6:
- New and improved effects and transitions
- 16 brand new effects and transitions
- 7 improved effects from previous Sapphire version
- Flare Designer
- Create your own lens flares
- Control to customize individual elements of each lens flare
- Preset Browser
- Hundreds of Sapphire presets viewable in real-time on your footage
- Universal License (Autodesk only)
- Float your Flame license across Autodesk seats and other host platforms
New Licenses: Buy v5 Now, Get v6 for Free
Need a new license of Sapphire? For new licenses, buy Sapphire v5 now (or Sapphire for Avid v3) and you'll receive an automatic upgrade to Sapphire v6 when it's available!
- Applies to new license purchases only, not upgrades.
- Any new v5 license (or v3 Avid license) purchased between now and the release of Sapphire v6 will receive upgrade to v6 at no additional charge.
Buy now for After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Combustion
- GenArts Sapphire v5, Node Locked - Runs in Final Cut Pro 6.0 or greater, Motion 3.0.2 or greater, Final Cut Express 4.0 or later, After Effects CS3, CS4, CS5, Premiere Pro CS3, CS4, CS5, Combustion 2008 and later
- GenArts Sapphire v5, Floating License - Runs in Final Cut Pro 6.0 or greater, Motion 3.0.2 or greater, Final Cut Express 4.0 or later, After Effects CS3, CS4, CS5, Premiere Pro CS3, CS4, CS5, Combustion 2008 and later
Buy Now for Avid
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 Avid for MC Nitris DX, Mojo DX, or Adrenaline, Floating License
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 Avid for MC Nitris DX, Mojo DX, or Adrenaline
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid Symphony Nitris Floating License
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid Symphony Nitris
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid Xpress or Newscutter, Floating License
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid Xpress or Newscutter
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid DS Nitris or DS Symphony
- GenArts Sapphire 3.0 for Avid DS Nitris or DS Symphony, Floating License
Buy Now for Autodesk
- Genarts Sapphire v5 for Autodesk Flint SD
- Genarts Sapphire v5 for Flame, Flint HD
- Genarts Sapphire v5 for Inferno
- Genarts Sapphire v5 for Burn (Floating)
Download the Freebies
If you haven't seen the Demon Cam video, check it out on our Inspirations page.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Telestream pleased to announce that ScreenFlow 3.0 is now available. With an easy-to-use interface, and more advanced editing and export features, ScreenFlow 3 makes editing your screencast even easier, so you can focus on the creative work of telling your story.
Buy Telestream ScreenFlow 3.0 | Upgrade to ScreenFlow 3.0 | Try a free Demo of ScreenFlow 3.0
- Timeline Enhancements: Reorder, delete and resize the height of your tracks; group clips; insert gaps; select and remove gaps, and more.
- Powerful Audio Quality Controls: Remove background noise and smooth volume levels for better sound quality.
- Video Annotations: Draw circles, squares, lines and arrows over your video content.
- Freehand Callouts: Call out regions of the screen or blur sensitive data with a freehand brush or rectangle tool.
- Export Settings Improvements: Customize and save export settings. New export settings include an iPad preset and Publish to Vimeo.
- Mac OS X Lion-compatible Features: Supports key new Lion capabilities such as Automatic Save, version control, and full screen viewing.
For an example of ScreenFlow, this overview of the Rabbit Replacement was captured with ScreenFlow and the video was edited and titles done in ScreenFlow. It's very easy to use and fast!
Tuesday, August 09, 2011
In RealFlow 2012, we give you large-scale fluid simulations to match any on the market – straight out of the box. With RealFlow, you don't need to be a software programmer to set up a fantastic sim – just choose your settings and you're ready to go!
The latest version of RealFlow gives you an unprecedented level of realism, with the power to control and customize every aspect of your scene to get exactly what you want.
EASE OF USE:
RealFlow is quick and easy to incorporate into your workflow. An inbuilt help system takes you step-by-step through scene setup to completion. And of course, our rapid, personalized technical support and access to the official RealFlow forum means you never need to wait for an answer.
THE COMPLETE PACKAGE:
RealFlow isn't just a fluid simulation tool – it also includes the ground-breaking Caronte, an accurate, reliable dynamics solver that can handle thousands of objects. With every standard license, you get a free RealFlow Renderkit license, which greatly facilitates and accelerates the rendering process. RealFlow also comes with free plug-ins to all major 3D platforms, as well as a wealth of free resources, tutorials, and a year of free technical support and maintenance.
- Digimetrics Eos Broadcast Video Plugin for Final Cut Pro - Eos is Broadcast Standards Monitoring & Correction- add Trust To Your Editing
- Digimetrics Eos Broadcast Audio Plug-in for Final Cut Pro - offers the ability to measure Audio Loudness relative to multiple standards.
There is a coupon code at the end of this survey. Survey ends and coupon offer ends August 19, 2011.
Mimic Z depth in your compositions in ways that simply can't be done using After Effects depth of field. With a total of 6 effects, including the popular Camera Mapper, Buena Depth Cue v2 has capabilities that are simply not available in any other plugin package at any price.
Save $100 on Buena Depth Cue through Friday, August 12, 2011! Regularly $199, get Buena Depth Cue for just $99!
Monday, August 08, 2011
"To our knowledge, all outstanding issues being cause by Lion are for FCP only. Magic Bullet products in other host applications (like After Effects) work fine."
From Red Giant's Head of Engineering:
The release of OSX 10.7 (Lion) introduced a bug into FCP7 that we have been unable to find a way to work around. We have contacted Apple and are waiting to hear when they will have a fix (either in the Operating System or with Final Cut Pro). This bug affects any plugins for FCP that make use of custom data. Essentially, Apple provides two methods for storing data related to a plugin – general sliders, for example, are a built-in method that Final Cut Pro provides for storing data related to an effect with your project. For more complex information, however, a plugin can define its own set of custom data that it will save within the project. This second method of storing data about an effect with your project is currently broken in the FCP7 / OSX 10.7 combination. It works fine when you run FCP7 on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Unfortunately for Red Giant plug-in users, we make use of custom data in both the Looks 2.0 and Colorista II plugins. The end result of this is that, while you can use the plugins with FCP on Lion, part of the data associated with the effects once they are applied will not be saved.
Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Buy Sihouette FX v4.2 | Try Silhouette FX v4.2 (Mac, Windows, Linux)
Here's what's new in Silhouette FX v4.2:
Added a Stereo Viewer (3D icon) to the Stereoscopic Viewer controls. The
default keyboard shortcut is Shift-6. When activated, a stereo Viewer window
opens for displaying the stereoscopic image in either Anaglyph or Interlaced
modes on a 3D monitor. The default mode is defined in the Viewer > Stereo
View Mode preference. Interlaced mode requires a 3D monitor that uses
interlacing like the Zalman passive display. When in Interlace mode, the Stereo
First Field viewer preference controls which eye comes first--Left or Right. This
needs to match up with how the monitor does the 3D effect.
Align > Black
A new Paint > Clone > Alignment Type preference has been added so that
when the clone source and destination are perfectly aligned, you can choose
whether the Viewer will appear either gray or black.
You can now right-click to pick a color from a single pixel. In addition, you can
right-click-drag to pick the average color from a region of the image.
Setting the Clone Offset on the Same Image
You can now press and hold down the Shift key and click-click to set the Clone
source and Clone destination.
Setting the Clone Offset on Different Images
Oftentimes, you need to align the same feature in two different images of a
sequence when painting with the Clone brush. There is now a simple, straight
forward way to do this in Silhouette. Press the ‘ key (located to the left of 1 key)
and the Clone source appears. You may need to increase the Onion-Skin mix
to 100. Click on the feature that you want to match and then the Clone
destination appears. Click on the feature that you want to paint on and the
Clone offset is automatically set.
View > Paint
In Paint, View > Paint shows what would be exported when rendering paint
- Added the ability to register actions as importers/exporters.
- Added the ability to create layers and shapes from a script, so it is possible to write custom shape importers/exporters now with Python, or make actions that can manipulate and generate new shapes.
- Added limited undo capability for scripts.
- Added the ability to call exporter modules from Python.
- [ key bound to Select All action in keybinds.py. This shows how to call an action from a keybind.
- Added the fx.activeLayer attribute to allow setting/getting the active layer via scripting.
- Scripts can now display info/warning/error/question dialogs.
- Added support for StreamRef properties so you can query stream (left/right eye) properties directly.
- Action sub-menu items can now be sorted in the order that they were created in.
- You can now access the custom render range in RenderInfo object. The
RenderInfo.range attribute contains the contiguous frame range as a tuple of
(start, end) to render based on the current Output Range. It can also be None if a
custom, non-contiguous frame set is currently defined. The RenderInfo.frameSet
attribute returns a list of frames. If you set it, it accepts a list of individual frame numbers or also tuples of (start, duration, step). So, you can do this:
options.frameSet = [ 10, 20, (30, 50, 2) ] which will render frame 10, 20, and frames
30-50 by 2.
Cache > Purge Cache on Project Load
There is now a Cache > Purge Cache on Project Load preference to control the
cache behavior. Turning the preference off will prevent the cache from being
cleared when a new project is created or loaded.
Client and server licensing software was upgraded to RLM v9.
There were also several bug fixes.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Version 3.0 of Stereo3D Light Edition includes new output options and features to further optimize basic stereoscopic 3D footage; now compatible with the latest Final Cut Pro®, Motion® and After Effects® releases
Toronto, Canada – August 2, 2011 – Dashwood Cinema Solutions, developer of cutting-edge Mac®-based stereoscopic 3D solutions, is pleased to announce the version 3.0 update to Stereo3D Toolbox LE - the light edition counterpart to Dashwood's award-winning, professional Stereo3D Toolbox™ plug-in for stereoscopic 3D mastering. Developed by stereographer and company founder, Tim Dashwood, Stereo3D Toolbox LE provides an affordable gateway into 3D content creation with the most basic stereoscopic 3D post-production tools necessary to optimize stereoscopically acquired footage. Stereo3D Toolbox LE is powered by Noise Industries' FxFactory platform and designed to work with Adobe® After Effects®, Apple® Final Cut Pro®, Apple® Motion® and Apple Final Cut® Express applications. The v3.0 update qualifies additional platforms, including the new Final Cut Pro X® release, and includes a medley of new output options and features.
"There are a variety of people working with 3D, from the big post houses, to hobbyists working on their personal computers at home – and they each have very different needs. Though we do offer a professional stereoscopic 3D mastering tool, Stereo3D Toolbox, Stereo3D Toolbox Light Edition is perfect for any 3D enthusiast just stepping into 3D waters. It's very easy to use, and budget-friendly. The version 3.0 release also includes a variety of new features and is already qualified for Final Cut Pro X," says Tim Dashwood.
Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0 incorporates a variety of basic stereoscopic 3D capabilities for 3D enthusiasts, including convergence adjustment and vertical, zoom and rotational disparity correction tools, "autoscale," a preview screen within the user interface, and the ability to output clips to popular stereoscopic monitors and delivery formats - including YouTube® 3D.
Here is the complete list of the new features in Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0:
- Stereoscope output mode compatible with Hasbro's my3D® format
- Instantly work with GoPro® 3D and Panasonic® AG-3DA1 H.264 files in Final Cut Pro X without transcoding or muxing (see video tutorial for details)
- Quick nest tools for building side-by-side compound clips or nests
- Global Output Mode feature from Stereo3D Toolbox v3.0
- Difference, Anaglyph B&W and Anaglyph outline modes
- 2D bypass output option
Availability and Pricing of Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0
Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0 can be purchased at http://www.toolfarm.com for US $99. The update is free for current Stereo3D Toolbox LE customers. Anyone can also test-drive Stereo3D Toolbox LE v3.0 by visiting our demo download page. Note: You need to download the FxFactory demo. It's included with FxFactory.
Video tutorial detailing the new v3.0 features utilizing Final Cut Pro 7, Motion, After Effects and Final Cut Pro X:
After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion and Apple Final Cut Express users can also sample hundreds of other FxFactory plug-ins by downloading the free trial version of FxFactory from: http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory.
About Dashwood Cinema Solutions
A part of the Noise Industries Development Partner Program since 2009, Dashwood Cinema Solutions is an R&D wing of Stereo 3D Unlimited, a Toronto, Ontario, Canada-based production company that specializes in pre-visualization, music videos and film production. Dashwood Cinema Solutions' mandate is to find solutions to common problems in film production and post-production. Their award-winning flagship product, Stereo3D Toolbox™ is utilized by post-production houses around the world for easy stereoscopic 3D mastering on the Mac platform. For more information about Dashwood Cinema Solutions, please go to http://www.Dashwood3D.com or http://www.noiseindustries.com.
Monday, August 01, 2011
Save 20% on all PHYX plug-ins for After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Motion. The plug-ins are now compatible with FCP X. Sale ends September 30, 2011.
The plug-ins are Mac only and require the free Noise Industries FxEngine. PHYX Keyer plug-ins were developed by visual effects specialist PHYX, Inc. The trial, unlockable version of PHYX plugins are included with the FxFactory installer. Download a Free Trial of FxFactory.
Today, MAXON announced CINEMA 4D Release 13, the next generation of its industry- leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. With all new character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities, stream-lined multi-artist collaboration and physical rendering, CINEMA 4D Release 13 builds on the company’s 25-year legacy of enabling digital content creators around the world to produce highly engaging content quickly and easily for a variety of industries.
View the full press release here.
As MAXON commemorates its 25-year anniversary and its most successful year to date in 2010, Harald Egel, MAXON founder and CEO, observes that today’s work environments are marked increasingly by designers creating content in remote locations, working on various platforms and production pipelines, as well as producing more 3D stereoscopic material.
"CINEMA 4D R13 is supercharged with numerous productivity enhancements that cater to the multi-collaboration challenges our customers face every day,” Harald Egel states. “Artists interested in expanding their capabilities will love the new character tools. And, of course, the physical renderer with stereoscopic functionality is incredibly important as the new way to deliver immersive entertainment.”
Key Highlights of CINEMA 4D Release 13:
MAXON offers four versions of CINEMA 4D, each catering to the needs of 3D artists in different industries. NOTE: The features listed below may not be included in every configuration.
New and Enhanced Rendering Engine
Digital artists are constantly striving to improve the quality of their images. This new version gives CINEMA 4D users a bundle of new tools to aid in achieving the realism they crave.
- Physically-Accurate Rendering: Creating photorealistic images is easier than ever with the new physical render engine. Based on real camera properties, this additional render engine accurately calculates 3D motion blur, depth of field and lens distortion based on the focal length, aperture and shutter speed of the camera.
- Efficient Subsurface Scattering: Now users can efficiently create translucent materials such as milk, skin and wax with a new subsurface scattering shader included with both the new Physical Render and CINEMA 4D's standard render engines.
- Shared Image Sampler: Saves tons of render time by combining sampling for multiple effects such as motion blur, depth of field, area shadows, ambient occlusion and blurry reflections. Sample options allow users to specify a fixed number of samples, apply an adaptive number of samples based on the geometry and shading complexity, or progressively render each frame within a given number of passes or amount of time.
- New Anti-Aliasing Filters: Users can now achieve higher quality anti-aliasing using the Mitchell and Gauss algorithms.
Stereoscopic capabilities are supported throughout R13 to provide a dependable solution and fluid workflow for generating high-quality 3D content across a wide variety of media:
- Stereoscopic Camera Conversion: Gives users control to easily convert any camera to a Parallel, On Axis, Off-Axis or Radial Stereoscopic camera.
- Stereo Image Workflow and Preview: Stereo images can be previewed directly in the 3D editor using Anaglyph, Interlaced, Shutter or Side-by-Side methods.
- Stereo Rendering Options: Allows customers to easily render the merged stereoscopic image or separate images for each individual camera to create a true 3D experience.
- Picture Viewer Support: Review animated stereo renders, adjust parallax and export renderings as merged or individual stereoscopic files.
The new suite of character animation features simplify the process of building a rig, eliminating technical hurdles and allowing artists to quickly animate characters of all types:
- New Character Object: Includes an auto rigger, which simplifies the process of building a rig and applying it to a character. Technical directors are able to set up flexible rig templates that any user can easily apply to their characters.
- New CMotion System: Allows users to create their own or apply preset parametric walk cycles based on cyclic motion. Make characters walk along a spline and over terrain, or even manually place footsteps. Can be integrated with the character object or applied to anything in a scene.
- New Muscle System: CINEMA 4D R13 now allows users to create custom-shaped muscles and anchor them to multiple joints within a rig. Includes deformer for skin stretching and sliding.
- New Collision Deformer: Deforms surfaces based on collisions enabling characters to intuitively interact with the environment around them.
CINEMA 4D is renowned for outstanding ease of use. With an enhanced navigation system and a number of interface improvements in R13, users can perform common application tasks more efficiently:
- Revamped Navigation System: New cursor-based navigation automatically sets the point of interest for rotation and dolly movements based on where the user clicks to begin navigation. This also ensures the speed of camera navigation is smooth and consistent, regardless of the distance to the point of interest - making it easy to pivot around any portion of a model or scene.
- Sticky Keys: Allows users to activate a tool only while its shortcut is pressed and immediately return to the previous tool.
- New Spline Data User Interface: Attributes utilizing spline data can now be edited much more precisely with additional spline types and the ability to view splines in a larger, separate window.
- Location Indicator: Provides artists with a new indicator that hints at the location of selected objects outside the current view.
- Surface Manipulation: Offers flexible options with a new Infinite Axis mode that lets users start manipulation from any point and easily snap surfaces to other objects in the scene. The rotation axis can now optionally display gimbal rotation, making it easy to visualize situations in which gimbal lock will occur, and can also transform multiple objects in a selection individually rather than as a group.
- Animation Enhancements: Based on user feedback, a lot of tweaks were made to the animation system to improve efficiency, including clamping, better curve handling, markers, etc.
- Superior XRef Object: Improves artist efficiency with fully embedded XRef (External Reference) commands in R13 so referenced objects can be textured, animated, and included in expressions or simulations within the master file, greatly enhancing work in a collaborative environment.
- Improved C.O.F.F.E.E. and Python Scripting Language Integration: Equips customers with improved integration of the powerful C.O.F.F.E.E. and Python scripting managers, giving programmers and developers a customizable solution for a wide range of software development tasks that can be utilized in any pipeline. Python plugins and scripts now appear alongside those created in CINEMA 4D's C++ and C.O.F.F.E.E. APIs.
- File Format Support: Allows artists to access a range of popular file formats for greater workflow flexibility. Multi-Pass files can now be stored in multiple channels within a single OpenEXR file. The popular FBX and COLLADA file formats have been updated facilitating easier asset exchange and interoperability.
- After Effects Exchange: Gives customers using R13 unparalleled integration with After Effects with the introduction of stage object support, timeline marker exports and support for 29.97fps.
CINEMA 4D R13 also includes many new productivity-boosting features, including a host of new and improved shaders and more.
Recommended system requirements include Windows XP, Vista or 7 running on Intel or AMD CPU with SSE2-Support; Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher running on an Intel-based Mac and 1024 MB RAM, DVD ROM drive. Up to 256 threads now supported. Standard DVD installation can take up to 2.5 GB of disk space.
Availability and Upgrade Path
CINEMA 4D Release 13 and BodyPaint 3D Release 13 are scheduled to ship in September through MAXON and its authorized dealers. Customers with an active MAXON Service Agreement (MSA) valid through September 2nd will automatically receive the upgrade. Current customers who do not have an active MSA can purchase an MSA before the end of August and be eligible for a free upgrade. New customers who purchase from now until August 31st will automatically receive a one-year MSA with their purchase.
Instead, I took a still image of the real rabbit, cut it out in Photoshop and brought it into After Effects. I tracked the fake rabbit with Imagineer mocha and brought the tracking data into AE and applied it to a Null object. I parented the cut out rabbit to the Null and then color corrected the photo of the rabbit to match the video footage (which it wasn't even close). I used Red Giant Key Correct Color Match and also Key Correct's Edge Blur to blend the edges into the background. The levels were wrong (too black) so I used Brightness/Contrast to make it less contrasty. I also added Match Grain and sampled the grain in the original shot. Tom, the director mentioned that the final color correction will have a blueish tint, so I used Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks to give it that nighttime look.