FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Release for 2011 Adds Two New Products: Highly Anticipated Looks v2, and Cosmo, a Brand New Skin Smoothing, Cosmetic Cleanup Application
Portland, OR (June 28, 2011) – Red Giant (http://www.redgiant.com) today announced the release of Magic Bullet Suite 11. Designed by Stu Maschwitz, the acclaimed filmmaker with credits that range from Star Wars to Fantastic Four, Magic Bullet Suite 11 is a significant upgrade that delivers nine powerful software applications for professional color correction, enhancement and film output. Magic Bullet Suite 11 includes several exciting products in its lineup, including the highly anticipated Magic Bullet Looks v2; Cosmo, a brand new tool for skin smoothing and cosmetic effects; and also includes Grinder 1.5, a new product released this spring, for fast, simple transcoding of DSLR/HDSLR footage to edit friendly formats.
Additionally, Red Giant has streamlined Magic Bullet Suite 11 from eight individual installers to one installer for all nine products with one serial number. Magic Bullet Suite 11 is available immediately and remains priced at $799.
Magic Bullet Suite 11 made its industry debut last night at a series of Tweet Ups in Portland, San Francisco and New York City. During the Tweet Ups, the Company premiered "Plot Device," a nine minute short film directed by Seth Worley, and executive produced by Red Giant’s own Aharon Rabinowitz. Aharon and Seth co-wrote the film, working together in close collaboration throughout the project. Plot Device was created to demonstrate first hand the high caliber work that can be created when using Magic Bullet Suite 11, even on a limited budget. The entire film was funded by Red Giant for under $9,000. Plot Device can be seen at the Red Giant site (http://redgiantsoftware.com/plotdevice), along with a short behind the scenes documentary on RedGiantTV.
"When I first designed Magic Bullet Looks, it was with the fundamental idea that a powerful tool can be fun to use. What the many creative users of Looks have taught me over the years is that a fun tool can be incredibly powerful. With this new we’ve taken that to heart, simplifying and streamlining the interface, and adding new creative tools," said Stu Maschwitz, designer of the Magic Bullet Suite.
Simon Walker, Apple Certified Master Trainer, editor and colorist, has worked closely with the development team and has been beta testing Magic Bullet Suite 11. Simon had this to say:
"I’ve been in post production for 18 years, and having sat on both sides of the table, I understand what it takes to make projects look really good. But the key thing is also to be able to work quickly. I like that fact that Looks 2 has the sort of controls that typically only appear in high end grading packages. The Cosmo tool, for example, auto-recognizes skin tones and allows me to apply cosmetic softening beauty treatments accurately in just a few clicks, while the Pop tool gives me the ability to increase contrast to add sharpness and definition to shots, without then having to adjust for saturation changes. It’s these sorts of powerful tools that help to improve the quality of my work, but also make my workflow more efficient."
What’s New in Magic Bullet Suite 11
Magic Bullet Suite 11 now encompasses nine color and image enhancement applications, and adds two new products; Cosmo a brand new tool for simple, elegant cosmetic clean up; and Looks 2, the long-awaited upgrade to the Company’s popular color treatment and imaging tools.
Looks 2 delivers a significant upgrade to this next generation color design tool and includes:
- A new, professionally designed and modernized user interface;
- 64 new and updated presets designed by professional colorists and designers;
- New scopes, including Hue/Lightness, Skin Scope, Hue/Saturation and Memory Colors;
- 6 new tools including the Colorista 3-Way, Ranged HSL and Pop bringing the power of Colorista II right into Looks. New tools like Cosmo, Haze Flare and Lens Distortion open up users’ creative possibilities;
- Video Out hardware support for Blackmagic and AJA, the top customer request;
- Improved speed, size and resolution for better handling of large file formats and more efficient rendering;
- Full compatibility with Looks 1.
Cosmo is a powerful new cosmetic clean up tool that smoothes skin tones, softens problem areas and fixes blemishes. Powered by Colorista II technology, Cosmo is a brand new addition to Magic Bullet Suite 11. Highlights include:
- Default settings assembled by Stu Maschwitz enable users to best capture the range of skin tones in most beauty shots. Artists can simply drop Cosmo on footage and continue working;
- Accurately identify skin tones: Cosmo uses the same automatic skin detection from Mojo and Looks 2;
- Sharper Details: Cosmo does an excellent job of smoothing out the skin, while giving users the control to ensure a model’s facial details stay in focus. The Detail slider brings back the sharpness of important details;
- Color Correct: The Skin Color and Skin Squeeze sliders bring skin into an acceptable range of pleasing skin color;
- Smooth Skin: Skin Softening helps with subtleties of hiding blemishes and lightening wrinkles while preserving the natural skin grain;
- Simple, Fast: With Colorista II keying technology under the hood, Cosmo combines simplicity and speed with default settings that improve footage on the first pass, without the need for further customizing or tedious touchups.
Launched at NAB 2011 and included as a free upgrade in Magic Bullet Suite 11, Grinder v1.5 is the smartest way to transcode DSLR/HDSLR footage. Grinder converts Canon video to edit-friendly formats, burns in timecode and generates web-resolution proxies in a single time-saving pass. Version 1.5 adds new features directly from customer requests, which include support for Apple ProRes, timecode from camera EXIF data, new 25p conform frame rate, and render priority control.
All products in the Magic Bullet Suite 11 are 64-bit and designed for use with Adobe’s Creative Suite 5.5, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion. Magic Bullet Suite 11 will also offer support for Final Cut Pro X in the near future. Details will be announced as soon as possible.
About Red Giant
Founded in 2002, Red Giant (www.redgiant.com) creates an ever-expanding universe of effects tools ranging from plug-in suites, applications and mobile apps to Guru Presets, free products and sharing communities. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide television programming to web production. Red Giant offers the industry-leading Trapcode tools for broadcast design; Magic Bullet Suite for color correction; and over 60 products that run in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Avid, Vegas, Nuke, and Avid Studio. Our effects have enhanced dozens of feature films such as Angels & Demons and The Social Network, and added sparkle to networks like NBC Universal, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy Central, MTV, and TNT. Join us on Facebook (RedGiantSoftware), follow us on Twitter (@RedGiantNews) and get free content at Redgiantpeople.com.