Upgrade for Photoshop Plugin Adds Improved AutoMask and Built-in Compositing for High Volume Photographers
San Francisco, CA — June 6, 2011 -
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective software for photographers and digital artists, today announced the availability of Primatte 5.0 chromakey software for Adobe Photoshop. In this impressive upgrade, Primatte 5.0 lets photographers automatically key out the background, add custom backdrops and color correct all in the Primatte interface. Primatte 5.0 makes productivity and output much easier for event, little league, and school photographers who sometimes process thousands of images.
"With this release of Primatte, we aimed to make life easier for photographers who shoot a lot of green screen images," said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. "In particular, the AutoMask feature has been significantly improved and gives a high success rate when batch processing high volumes of images."
Primatte 5.0 has great new features for all photographers, but the software really excels when used in high volume environments. A redesigned AutoMask tool gives a high success rate and easier functionality when batch processing large numbers of photographs. Smarter algorithms help Primatte to identify the background color, automatically key it out and remove color spill without any user interaction. New Backdrop and Overlay features add custom backgrounds and logos directly inside Primatte for a speedier workflow. The powerful AutoMask and new compositing features in Primatte 5.0 give fast, high quality results for any artist doing blue or green screen photography.
The new features of Primatte 5.0 include:
- Improved AutoMask: The Auto-Mask button automatically creates an underlying mask.AutoMask algorithms have been improved so keying is easier on every image and especially benefits high volume batch processing
- Successful Batching: Better auto-masking results in a very high success rate when batch processing large groups of photographs.
- Add in Backdrops: New Backdrop feature adds in custom backgrounds within Primatte so there is no need to composite in Photoshop.
- Add in Overlays: New Overlay feature makes it easy to add text or a logo directly within Primatte. Great for event photographers or anyone looking to brand or customize the photos.
- Image Transforms: The subject, backdrop or overlay can be moved, scaled and rotated with Transform controls.
- Fix Uneven Lighting: The new Fix Lighting tool helps with better keying around wrinkles, hotspots and shadows in unevenly lit screens.
- Better Light Wrap: Improved Light Wrap feature gives more realistic compositing of keyed subject against a custom background.
- Super-Simplified Interface: A cleaner, simplified UI makes Primatte more intuitive and easier to use.
Primatte Chromakey Version 5.0 is on sale for $199 through July 5th, 2011. Primatte Chromakey is regularly priced at USD $299.
Download a Free Trial
The plugin works in Photoshop CS3 or higher on Mac and CS and higher on Windows. On Mac, the product runs on OS 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. On Windows, the product runs on Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit and Windows 7.