Tuesday, April 26, 2011
New/PR: Boris RED Version 5 Now Available
New User Interface, 60+ New VFX Filters, Support for 64-bit Applications
Boston, MA - April 26, 2011 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris RED Version 5 is now available. Boris RED is a plug-in application for transitions, professional text, and advanced composites inside Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony video editing software. Boris RED 5 introduces support for 64-bit applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects CS5, adds 60+ new filters, and provides a score of new user interface and workflow enhancements.
"Boris RED v4 is our go-to tool for professional text and compositing in our post production video edit bays," commented Michael Held, Post Production Manager, Starz Entertainment. "We are looking forward to RED v5.”
Boris RED 5 New Feature Highlights
• Support for 64-bit Video Editing Applications. Boris RED 5 adds new support for Adobe CS5 under 64-bit Windows operating systems. Free forthcoming software updates will add support for Sony Vegas Pro 10, Grass Valley EDIUS 6, and Adobe CS5 for Mac.
• 40+ Filters from Final Effects Complete. Boris RED 5 includes 40+ filters from the legendary Final Effects Complete VFX plug-in collection. Newly-added designer effects and transitions include Mr. Smoothie, Ball Action, Bubbles, and Wiggle Edges.
• High-quality Image Restoration Tools for smoothing and softening skin imperfections and removing jaggies, DV compression artifacts, and unwanted noise from image clips.
• New 3D Particle Effects. Particle Array 3D creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space. Pin Art 3D creates a pin board look based on a layer image.
• UpRez for high-quality SD to HD conversions, facilitating the resizing of image clips while minimizing the data loss that is usually associated with resizing media in a host application. The UpRez filter includes several high-end image processing algorithms to enhance the sharpness and smoothness of the final result.
• Realistic In-Camera Effects include Lens Blur for emulating a rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter.
• Stylized Effects include LED, Damaged TV, Tile Mosaic, Scan Lines, and Prism.
• Painterly Effects simulate pencil-sketched images, the wash look of a water color painting, a rotoscope toon-animation look, and charcoal drawings.
• 50+ New Transition Effects. Freshly redesigned, the Boris RED keyframe library features over 50 new transition presets ranging from popular swish pan and rack defocus effects to glow dissolves, tilt-shifts, and light wipes.
• User Interface and Workflow Enhancements include ergonomic, drag-and-drop panels and a curve editor for smooth parameter animation. In addition, many of the included Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete filters include a new Compare Mode feature that lets users compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view.
Pricing and Availability
Boris RED 5 is available immediately for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris RED may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. A free 14-day trial version is available here.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.