Beauty Box Photo Plugin Quickly Smooths Skin Tones in Batches of Photographs
San Francisco, CA — March 16, 2011 — Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective software for photographers and digital artists, today announced the availability of their Beauty Box skin retouching software for Apple’s Aperture. The plugin provides an automatic, easy and inexpensive way of smoothing skin and removing blemishes in photographs. Beauty Box Aperture 1.0 is fully compatible with Aperture 2 and Aperture 3 and works terrifically with processing large groups of images.
”The Beauty Box technology has won a number of awards,” said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. “We’re very excited to bring this product to Aperture users and see how this tool enhances their productivity and portrait work.”
Beauty Box Aperture performs fast, automatic skin retouching and smoothing. The software automatically identifies skin tones and creates an intelligent mask that limits the smoothing effect to skin areas while keeping facial details razor-sharp. This process requires minimal input from the user and in many cases is fully automatic. Beauty Box Aperture gets its render speed from new technology from Toonamation, Inc. and takes advantage of GPU speed and nVidia’s CUDA. Whether it is used for a glamour shoot, senior portraits or just a personal photo, Beauty Box achieves a consistently professional result.
The practical features of Beauty Box Aperture include:
- Automatic Mask: Beauty Box uses face detection to identify the skin tones and create an automatic mask in just those areas.
- Smart Skin Smoothing: Smoothing controls like Amount and Radius intelligently adjust the skin smoothing.
- Batch Processing: Automatically smooth the skin in hundreds of images by tying Beauty Box into a batch operation.
- Control Over Mask: Advanced Mask tools are available to make changes to the mask
- Sharpen Details: Use fine-tuning controls like Preserve Edges to preserve important details like hair, eyelashes and jewelry.
- Add Skin Texture: Bring back skin texture, like pore structure, that can be lost because of the smoothing.
- Fast Processing: Beauty Box uses GPU speed and nVidia’s CUDA to increase render performance.
The skin retouching software works in Aperture 2 and 3. On Macintosh, the product runs on OS 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. On Windows, the product supports Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit and Windows 7.
Learn More/Purchase in our Store | Download a Free Trial
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy is a privately owned company in San Francisco, CA that creates smart image enhancement software for professional and aspiring photographers, broadcast designers and 2D animators. These tools let you spend less time processing images and more time on creative work, solving issues from skin smoothing software to masking out bluescreens for commercial still photography. Digital Anarchy products work in Photoshop, Aperture, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. For more information, please see the company’s website at www.digitalanarchy.com or call 415-287-6069 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 415-287-6069 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.