Now available for Adobe After Effects CS5, Synthetic Aperture Test Gear 2.5 provides motion graphics artists and video editors with a variety of test instruments to make objective measurements of their visual and audio work, all from within After Effects. All test instruments appear in standard After Effects panels and do not require that an effect be applied to your layers. Test Gear 2.5 is now shipping for Macintosh OS X and Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, with Adobe After Effects CS3, CS4, and CS5.
- Provides objective test instruments within Adobe After Effects CS3/CS4/CS5.
- Waveform monitor and vectorscope with a variety of styles.
- Histogram display.
- Gamut display shows RGB, luma, and chroma levels.
- Photoshop-style color picker.
- Color swatch books make it easy to pick colors from a pre-approved set.
- Image slice display shows channel levels through an arbitrary slice of the image.
- Audio waveform monitor, phase display, and spectrum analyzer.
- Resolution independent to work with NTSC, PAL, SD, HD, and film.
- Supports ITU.R 601, ITU.R 709, and SMPTE 240M color systems.
- No need to apply an effect to get display.
In addition to adding support for 64-bit CS5, Test Gear 2.5 adds improved test instrument displays when working with 32-bit floating-point projects, adds support for Adobe Swatch Exchange format color palettes, and improves general performance.