"Digieffects FreeForm AE is an inspiring plug in that allows for an array of possibilities within Adobe After Effects (AE). To have the ability to create true 3D deformations and warping in AE allows you to create effects and scenes that would otherwise be either impossible or ridiculously difficult to achieve. Digieffects FreeForm AE provides a good number of online tutorials and AEPs for its users. While creating a filmstrip effect isn't a common client request, such requests do inevitably creep up on us. In fact, instead of creating a filmstrip, the techniques you will learn in this tutorial can be applied to currency notes and flags to great effect. "
FreeForm AE Filmstrip Tutorial (View the Full Tutorial).
The following are a few of the topics we will cover in this tutorial -
- Create a Stylized Filmstrip Entirely Within Adobe After Effects
- Nest Layers to Create a Super-wide Composition
- Use the Cell Pattern effect to Create a Displacement Map
- Solve an Advanced Issue Related to Applying an Effect to a Nested Composition with Collapse Transformations
- Create Faux Reflections
- Apply One of the loopOut Expression Methods
- Lots of Shortcut Keys and Useful Tips that Novices as Well as Pro Users will Appreciate
If you own Adobe After Effects CS5, you already have Freeform! If you own CS4 or lower, you will need to purchase the plugin.