Over 200 comprehensive filters for Avid editing and finishing systems
Marlborough MA - August 24, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX (BCC 7 AVX) is now available. BCC 7 AVX brings over 200 filters to Avid Media Composer and Avid Symphony. The new release features lens blur effects, a video noise reduction tool, a new OpenGL particle engine, and new on-screen overlay control widgets for streamlined workflow.
"Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX introduces highly sought-after lens blur effects as well as a new OpenGL particle engine," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "The release is also packed with new productivity tools such as Compare Mode for comparing the filtered result with the unfiltered source and on-screen overlay control widgets that allow parameter adjustments while the editor’s eye remains focused on the image."
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX New Feature Highlights
- New Filters:
- BCC Noise Reduction smoothes out video noise using spatial and temporal information derived from the video clip - especially in dark areas of an image.
- BCC Lens Blur emulates a popular lens blur or rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter. The filter includes a gradient map layer to control the depth of focus.
- BCC Lens Shape is a designer effect similar to a rack defocus effect where the shape of the bokeh can be imported from an external layer.
- BCC Lens Transition is a wipe filter that applies a lens blur or rack defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming image clips.
- BCC Particle Array 3D creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space.
- BCC Pin Art 3D creates a pin board look based on a layer image.
- Compare Mode. Added to over one-third of BCC 7 AVX's filters, Compare Mode is a convenient tool that enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the preview window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, the Compare Mode feature includes the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
- On-Screen Overlay Control Widgets. The most commonly-used parameters in each BCC filter are now accessible via Avid-native on-screen overlay widgets, each with dynamic parameter value displays that update automatically as the widget is adjusted. Color-coded and easy to use, the new widgets allow parameter adjustments while the editor’s eye remains focused on the image. Overlays can be turned on and off by Avid’s built-in overlay control.
- Performance Gains. The new BCC Pin Art 3D and BCC Particle Array 3D filters integrate a new particle engine that is OpenGL-accelerated. All BCC 7 AVX filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration to deliver an interactive effects design experience.
- Boris AAF Transfer Support. BCC 7 AVX is supported by Boris AAF Transfer, a new plug-in that facilitates seamless transfer of Final Cut Pro sequences with BCC 7 FxPlug filters to Avid Media Composer. BCC 7 FxPlug filters are translated to corresponding BCC 7 AVX filters - including all of the keyframed changes.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $1,995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX may upgrade for an MSRP of $599 USD. A separate BCC 7 AVX for Avid DS release is planned for later this year. Free trial.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.