The PDF tutorials explain how to use the presets, how to review and find the presets (because there are a TON of them), adjusting the settings of the presets to suit your needs and how to replace the content with your own.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
- Greg Clarke, Intelligent Assistance
- Michele Yamazaki, Toolfarm
- Jim Kanter, Digital Film Institute
- Michael Horton, LAFCPUG
- Frank Capria, XProve & KingPin Interactive
- Andrew Marcus, Buck & Buck
- Anne Renehan, Apple
- Gary Adcock, Studio37
- Mik Vitti, VittiPhoto Productions
- Chuck Whitlock, AJA Video Systems
- Jon Thorn, AJA Video Systems
- Nick Rashby, AJA Video Systems
- Dan Berube, BOSFCPUG
- Brian Maffitt, Total Training
- Steve Martin, Ripple Training
- Ben Kozuch, Future Media Concepts
- Christopher Phrommayon, Apple
- Gene Czarnecki, CZAR Productions
- Daren Dochterman, BetaFive.com
- Stephanie Joyce, SmartSound
- Rob Birnholz, Absolute Motion Graphics
- Don Peebles, Apple
- Bob Donlon, Adobe
- Terry Curren, AlphaDogs
- Anita Engleman, Adobe
- Douglas Spotted Eagle, VASST
- Larry Jordan, Larry Jordan Associates
- Jerry Hofmann, JLH Productions
- John Dickinson, Motionworks
- Ko Maruyama, MGLA
- Chris & Trish Meyer, Cybermotion
- Kiki Stockhammer, NewTek
- Rich Lenoce, Middlesex Community College
- Ramy Katrib, Digital Film Tree
- Carey Dissmore, Carey Dissmore Productions
- Kevin Monahan, SF Cutters
- Steve Jobs, Apple
- Jon Higgins, Northeast Utilities Corporate Communications
- Lacey Girard, Northeast Utilities Corporate Communications
- Daina Dodge, Northeast Utilities Corporate Communications
Friday, December 21, 2007
Marlborough, MA - December 21, 2007 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced today the release of Boris FX 9.2. A plugin for 20 plus editing solutions, Boris FX is the original product from the Boris custom plugin product line. Core functionality includes; lighting, keying, color correction, vector paint and an award winning DVE - providing a complete compositing and effects workflow. The new Boris FX 9.2 release adds support for major operating systems Leopard (Apple OS X) and Vista (Microsoft) as well as extended Sony Vegas 8.0 and Adobe CS 3.0 host integration with full validation for the Intel-Mac versions of After Effects and Premiere Pro and After Effects for Windows Vista.
Existing Boris FX 9.0 customers can download the new release free of charge from www.borisfx.com.
Boris FX 9.2 Highlights
- Support for Apple OS X Leopard and Windows Vista operating systems
- Host Support: Adobe CS 3 (Intel-Mac AE and Premiere Pro, Windows Vista AE), and Sony Vegas 8.0
- Optimized features; Preview to Monitor (support Firewire / AJA video cards).
Upgrades, bundles and academic
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Thank you, and have a wonderful holiday.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
An official press release will be out in January, but we couldn't wait to share the news.
Colour Warper primary and selective color correction tool made famous in Autodesk Flame software for precise fine-tuning with multiple levels of adjustment in a single pass.
- Interactive adjustment of gamma, gain, offset, hue, saturation, and contrast. Apply animatable settings to all channels or independently to R, G, and B.
- Intuitive hue shift and tint color wheel for fast, accurate color balancing. Visual color sampling palette for precise color matching.
- Interactive Histogram and curves editing modes for subtle, precision tweaking of color components.
- Independent controls for color correcting the image's shadow, midtone, and highlight regions-features user-definable luminance ranges.
- Match feature for fast scene-to-scene color correction.
- Selective feature for sampling up to three different color regions for isolated correction.
- UI features a high-quality RGB vector scope and a 3D histogram for precise color monitoring.
Read the announcement press release from November 27, 2007: Autodesk Launches Combustion 2008 Desktop Compositing Software
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Now might be a good time to ask. Do you like the name Forum Experts or does it sound too uppity? We don't want to sound uppity, but the folks who help on our forums know their stuff. Colin from Toolfarm used to own a service called Support Farm that was a phone service and chat service to connect those who needed help with experts like the Toolfarm Expert Forums.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Interested in Form but not sure where to start? Try this!
- Watch Harry's Promo for Form Training. Now you're intrigued, right?
- Buy Trapcode Form Training with Harry J Frank - Only $24!
- Don't own Form yet? Download a free demo of Form.
- Buy Trapcode Form
- Need to get started quickly and impress your client? Try Mylenium's Trapcode Form Presets.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
...BCC 5 is a sophisticated and fast answer to your workflow. It has a high-end feature set that lets you create top-notch results within minutes.
We've just launched a new SMS/email service for our customers, so you'll never miss another sale. This is a quick text (image free) reminder that we'll send right before a sale beings. You can have the message texted to your mobile or emailed to your regular email account.
How do you sign up for a Toolfarm Sales Alert text message (SMS) reminder? Put your phone number with area code and your cellphone carrier. There is a list of carriers and information on how to set it up if you've never tried it.
As always, you can unsubscribe anytime you like and we'll only notify you of the best and biggest sales.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Seth Hancock is the Production Manager for the Convention and Visitors Bureau for the city of Indianapolis. He produces an amazing video podcast called 'Doing Indy' and most recently he directed a music video/branding piece for the city with Indiana crooner Jon McLaughlin titled For You From Me.
Seth and Michele Yamazaki from Toolfarm discuss the finer points of green screening and Seth gives some terrific tips on getting the perfect time lapse.
What's New in Graffiti 5.2
- Macintosh OS X 10.5 (Leopard) support
- Windows Vista support
- Optimized Preview to Monitor via FireWire or AJA video cards
- Extended Sony Vegas 8 integration
- Extended Adobe CS3 integration, new support for After Effects CS3
Upgrade to Graffiti 5.2 | Boris Graffiti 5.2 Academic
Monday, December 10, 2007
Trapcode Form is phenomenally cool but also extremely complex. Harry J. Frank, freelance motion graphics artist, instructor and Adobe Certified Expert, beta tested Trapcode Form and shows you how to get comfortable with Form very quickly. You'll be spinning out gorgeous textures and eye candy in no time. And, it's only $24!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Just check out the examples. It's really amazing software.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
More Expressions Demystified... Written for the Designer
The latest volume of After Effects Expressions Series Bundle 2 came out last week and people are scooping it up. Harry has a way of explaining expressions so they are simple to understand.
"With sustained strong growth and continued expansion as a community destination, we believe that Toolfarm has shown that they are a great resource for customers of all kinds. Red Giant Software has chosen Toolfarm as our North American distributor to help us provide timely information and service to resellers of all kinds and continue our success into 2008 and beyond," said Sean Safreed, Product Director and cofounder of Red Giant Software LLC.
"Toolfarm is pleased to assume the responsibilities of managing Red Giant Software's reseller channel. This is a great fit for the company and falls in line with our expertise in matching customers with the right tools for color correction, motion graphics, keying, and video enhancement," said Colin Sharp.
What's New in Version 12
- Progressive Scan Support. Edit in interlaced and progressive formats. Version 12 supports 720p 23.98,1080psf 23.98, 1080psf 24, 625i 25, 625psf 25, 1080i 25,1080p 25, 525i 29.97, 525psf 29.97, 1080i 29.97, 1080p 29.97, 1080i 30, 1080p 30, 720p 50, 720p 59.94, and 720p 60.
- Integrated Clip Preset FX. Edit and apply Boris RED*, Boris FX, or Boris Graffiti Preset Filters directly to clips in the timeline, or modify and save preset filters for later use. (*Media 100 Producer Suite only).
- Boris Library Browser Mode. Create and edit titles faster and more efficiently using the Library Browser.
- Integrated Boris Transitions. Gain editing functionality with access to hundreds of Boris Transitions.
- Master FX. Select up to six layers of compositions right in the Media 100 timeline and then directly create effects in Boris RED, Boris FX, or Boris Graffiti.
- Media 100/Boris Bin Browser Improvements.
- Apple ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 HQ Support. Capture, Edit and Master using Apple's new ProRes 422 video codec or choose any QuickTime format to do your work.
- Adobe CS3 Universal Binary Support. Import Media 100 Program Timelines directly into After Effects.
- Timecode Burn-in. Enhanced editing functionality and client proof review with burn-in timecode.
- Optimized for Intel-based Apple Macintosh Computers. Edit on PowerPC or Intel-based Mac systems.
If you are upgrading from Media 100 Version 12, 12.0.1, 12.0.2 you do not need a new unlock code. You can download and use this software at no charge.
Media 100 Upgrades
Media 100 Producer and Suite version 10.x and 11.x customers may upgrade to Version 12 for $295.
Magic Bullet Looks is a revolutionary, new color correction tool. Looks' powerful tools can be used on-set or in the edit suite to subtly adjust tone, color and focus to simulate the appearance of classic films or duplicate specific production conditions. Users can choose from more than a hundred Look presets, all neatly organized into 10 categories, to help set the mood for anything from a wedding video to the next Sundance original. For more information, please visit Magic Bullet Looks in our Plug-in Finder.
Other Vanguard winners include:
- Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium
- Adobe Flash Player 9
- AJA Video Systems Io HD
- Apple Final Cut Studio 2
- Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro
- Ciprico MediaVault 5100 series
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Panasonic AVC-Intra
- Panasonic BT-LH80W
- Red Digital Cinema Red One
- Sony BVM-L230
- Sony PMW-EX1 and SxS flash memory card
About Red Giant Software
Red Giant Software LLC (http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/) is a San Francisco-based company that develops professional tools for digital video production. Products are available as plug-ins for popular video editing and effects applications including After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, and Avid. All tools are based on production-proven technology developed by visual effects veterans.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Adobe celebrated 25 yesterday. John Nack's blog, John Nack on Adobe, takes a trip down memory lane in his post Adobe: The second quarter-century begins.