Friday, November 30, 2007
It's only been a couple of weeks, but there's already a good point update for FxFactory.
The newest version of FxFactory fixes important bugs discovered since the initial release of FxFactory 2, such as the loss of 'Log and Transfer' functionality in Final Cut Pro 6.
Version 2.0.1 also brings three new plug-ins to FxFactory Pro users, and an improved plug-in management interface which lets you access plug-in documentation while browsing your effect collection.
Download the update here.
Futurismo Backgrounds and Futurismo Titles 2 Update
Version 2.0 of Futurismo Backgrounds and Futurismo Titles plug-ins improves support for Final Cut Pro and adds new features, such as parameter presets and a better font-selection UI. Each plug-in package may be purchased for $49 at our online store, and it is available in trial mode for 15 days.
This version is a free upgrade for existing Futurismo Titles 1.0 and Futurismo Backgrounds 1.0 customers.
Download Futurismo Titles | Download Futurismo Backgrounds
I should mention it's actually called Boris Continuum Complete 5 FxPlug, meaning it runs in both Final Cut Pro and Motion and allows you to work between the two programs without rendering. FxPlug technology is so awesome.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
More Expressions Demystified... Written for the DesignerHarry J. Frank, freelance motion graphics artist, instructor and Adobe Certified Expert, delivers another round of training for the Toolfarm Expert Training Series. The first After Effects Expressions Series Bundle 1 was so successful and had such positive feedback that Harry has continued with the next three lessons, aptly titled After Effects Expressions Series Bundle 2.
Lesson 4: Random Numbers and Strings
Harry explains how to generate and control random values, as well as working with and manipulating string (alphanumeric) values. This lesson takes your expression skill-set to the next level, teaching you to get beyond the basics and start programming expressions with depth. Using an interface screen design as the environment.
It is recommended that you complete Lessons 1 through 3 before exploring Lesson 4, or have a firm grasp on all of the basics of expressions (scalar and array values). Lessons 1-3 are available here.
Duration: 52 Minutes
Lesson 5: Expression Control and ProbabilityHarry takes expressions to the big screen, and focuses on a sample title design sequence that relies heavily on expressions. The concepts center around expression control: defining the expressions to be controlled by markers, keyframes, layer in and out point, layer length, as well as expression randomness and probability. The result is a series of very flexible and powerful expressions that create automated movement, jitter and intro/outro animation.. all without keyframes.
It is recommended that you complete Lessons 1 through 4 before exploring Lesson 5. Lessons 1-3 are available here.
Duration: 30 Minutes
Lesson 6: Audio to Keyframes
Harry creates an automated lip sync animation in After Effects using the Audio to Keyframes function, along with expressions. This is a very valuable and time saving technique that the author has used in several productions.
It is recommended that you complete Lessons 1 through 5 before exploring Lesson 6. Lessons 1-3 are available here.
Duration: 10 Minutes
All project files are included for all lessons, along with a Quick Reference Guide that summarizes the concepts and terminology explained in the training. You're not going to get this kind of quality training anywhere else and this series is ONLY available at Toolfarm.
Harry has been a Toolfarm Forum Expert from about the time the Forums went up and runs Gray Machine, a very popular motion graphics site with tutorials and samples of work. Harry is also half of the relaunched AE Freemart.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
The Windows box set includes:
- RED: Integrated 3D/2D Compositing, Titling, and Effects
- Blue: Real-Time 3D Compositing and Motion Graphics
- BCC AE: 180 Native Filters and Transitions for Adobe CS3
- BCC AVX: 180 Native Filters and Transitions for Avid Xpress Pro
- Final Effects Complete: Native Filters for Adobe and Combustion
- Final Effects Complete AVX: Native Filters for Avid Xpress Pro
- Title Toolkit: Dynamic Titling Plug-ins for Adobe CS3
- RED: Integrated 3D/2D Compositing, Titling, and Effects
- BCC AE: 180 Native Filters and Transitions for Adobe CS3
- BCC FxPlug: 180 Native Filters and Transitions for Apple Final Cut Studio 2
- BCC AVX: 180 Native Filters and Transitions for Avid Xpress Pro
- Final Effects Complete: Native Filters for Adobe, Apple, and Combustion
- Title Toolkit: Dynamic Titling Plug-ins for Adobe CS3
- Media 100 Producer Suite: Professional, easy-to-use video editing software
At $1,995, the Boris Box Set represents savings of over 60%.
Customers who own RED, Blue, Continuum Complete, Final Effects Complete, or Media 100 Producer can get the Boris Box Set for $1,595.
Educational pricing is available.
Marlborough, MA November 28, 2007 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced today the release of Boris Red 4.2. The award-winning Boris Red version 4 series offers 2D/3D compositing, titling, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, 3D creation and animation, and the industry-leading software DVE technology packaged as a plug-in application for some 20-plus non-linear editing systems. Offered free for existing Red 4 customers via electronic distribution (www.borisfx.com), the new 4.2 update adds support for major operating systems Leopard (Apple OS X) and Vista (Microsoft) as well as extended Sony Vegas 8.0 and Adobe CS 3.0 host integration with full validation for the Intel-Mac versions of After Effects and Premiere Pro and After Effects for Windows Vista.
"Red plays a crucial role in my creative decision making process because it opens a whole world of possibilities to me," Vik Narayan, Avid Editor and 9-time Emmy Award-winner, KNXV/ABC Phoenix. See Vik's Boris Red 4.0 tutorial here.
Boris Red 4.2 Highlights
- Support for Apple OS X Leopard and Windows Vista operating systems
- Host Support: Adobe CS 3 (Intel-Mac AE and Premiere Pro, Windows Vista AE), and Sony Vegas 8.0
- Optimized features; Preview to Monitor (support firewire / AJA) and Boris Red Title Container (control over sub titles).
The Boris Red 4.2 update includes many new performance and effects creation workflow enhancements. The optimized preview to monitor feature adds support for Firewire and AJA; accelerating the feature's performance. The updated Boris Red Title Container controls now allows sub-title manipulation without the need to re-import the STL file - simplifying and accelerating the sub titling process. Existing Boris Red 4.0 and 4.1 customers can download the new update from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995 in Boston MA, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries. Since the company's inception, Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. A great part of its success lies in the ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers including Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Discreet, Eyeon, Grass Valley, Matrox, Media 100, Sony Pictures Digital, and Ulead. For more information, visit www.borisfx.com.
Trapcode Suite 2008 includes 3D Stroke, Lux, Particular, Form, Starglow, Shine, Sound Keys and Echospace. Form was added to the bundle but the price did not increase. Gotta love that!
The Red Giant Suite has also been updated to include all of the Trapcode plug-ins and all of the Red Giant plug-ins including the recently released Magic Bullet Looks and the upcoming Magic Bullet Frames.
This is a free maintenance release for workstations with a version 2 license. If you have not yet tried Sapphire 2, you can install 2.01 now to start your 3-week free trial.
For a summary of the 30+ new effects and many new features in 2.0, please visit Toolfarm's Plug-in Finder. Also, Sapphire 2.01 is available for purchase today!
Here is a summary of what's new in Sapphire 2.01:
- Performance and memory efficiency is improved for AE 7 and CS3 SmartFX.
- A problem with Premiere Pro on quad-core Macs is fixed.
- Messages saying "Can't checkout input" are avoided, which could occur in large projects with AE 7 and CS3.
- Various issues are fixed with Vignette, Distort, Glow, DropShadow, Convolve, Cartoon and Posterize.
- The Windows installer offers to install the plug-ins for Fusion 5.2.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
The Colour Warper in Combustion 2008 performs primary and selective color correction. It also allows for precise fine-tuning with multiple levels of adjustment in a single pass. Colour Warper features include:
- Interactive adjustment of gamma, gain, offset, hue, saturation, and contrast
- Intuitive hue shift and a tint color wheel for fast, accurate color balancing and a visual color sampling palette for precise color matching
- Interactive Histogram and curves editing modes for subtle, precision tweaking of color components
- Independent controls for color correcting the image's shadow, midtone, and highlight regions
- "Match" feature for fast scene-to-scene color correction
- "Selective" feature for sampling up to three different color regions for isolated correction
- User interface features: high-quality RGB vector scope, and a 3D histogram for precise color monitoring
Pricing and Availability
Autodesk anticipates that Combustion 2008 will be available in December 2007. The 2008 release will be supported on Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Autodesk suggested retail pricing is US$995*. The suggested upgrade price from Combustion 4 to Combustion 2008 is US$199*.
*International pricing may vary.
For more information on Combustion 2008, please visit www.autodesk.com/combustion.
Monday, November 26, 2007
The problem seems to be remedied now, so thank you for being patient.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
CALL US TOLL FREE: 877-809-8145
Learn more about QC Integration FX in our Plug-in Finder.
If you do not have the Trapcode plugins, then don't fret, we've rendered these layers out as QuickTime movies for you. Alternately, you can download free demos of the Trapcode plug-ins at Toolfarm. You can still work with the particles and the text effect that appears towards the end of the transition effect. We've also provided example compositions for colorizing and creating custom particles.
This works great for revealling text and logos or as a transitional S-M-A-C-K! across two full-screen footage items. What's a S-M-A-C-K!? A S-M-A-C-K! is a transitional effect that hits the viewer quick and fast and usually contains bright glows or sparks.They're great for high-impact transitions.
Newly released NewBlue collections include 3D Explosions, 3D Transformations and Film Effects. The NewBlue v2.0 upgrades include additions to Art Effects, Art Blends, Motion Effects and Motion Blends. All effects are based on powerful technology within an intuitive interface that is easy to use. New collection prices start from only $119.95 each, with upgrade effects starting from only $49.95 each. Both video and audio effects are offered with bundle purchase options. "NewBlueFX revitalizes my creative juices," says Douglas Spotted Eagle, Emmy-award winning filmmaker, author, speaker and founder of VASST. "When I'm struggling with the artistic process, I experiment with NewBlueFX and hidden treasures reveal themselves, giving me what I want and what our client wants. It's amazingly intuitive to use through the pleasing interface, yet packs a serious punch. The amount of control allows me to fine-tune the effect as much as I want, or I can use existing pre-sets for quick results."
"Continually offering fresh and innovative audio and video effects to Vegas users gives them the creative latitude to realize their vision," says Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Media Software. "Sony Creative Software values the contribution that third party partners bring in enhancing the user experience and making the Vegas software product line the video editing choice for professionals worldwide."
"Our new collection of special effects is the perfect complement to the Sony Vegas family, providing discerning Sony Vegas users a huge range of options to make their video really stand out," says Todor Fay, chief technology officer of NewBlue. "The effects are based on state of the art technology that will enhance the work of professionals and beginners alike. For example, NewBlueFX allows users to create appealing film looks without breaking the bank. Film Effects give users a way to quickly and easily make their footage look as if it were filmed with an old hand-cranked camera and damaged by sloppy projectionists. Or, with equal ease and artistic finesse, users can create their own film mood or atmosphere, even replicating an existing look made popular in a Hollywood movie." The launch of the NewBlueFX Vegas collections mark the beginning of future releases for additional platforms. The new collections include:
- NewBlue 3D Explosions: Features 13 effects to inject explosive energy into your video by using these infinitely customizable transitions while controlling every aspect of an exploding scene change. Includes: Blow Apart, Bouncing Cubes, Bouncing Frames, Box Explode, Confetti, Grid Fall Away, Grid Explosion, Intensity Grid, Plane Explode, Spiral, Spiral Rotation, Vortex, and Wiggle.
- NewBlue 3D Transformations: Features 13 eye-popping transitions that twist, fly, fold, and bounce exactly the way you tell them to. These motion-packed video transitions let you control every move down to the smallest detail. Includes: Box Fold, Checker Board, Comb, Flip, Fly Away, Louver Grid, Louvers, Magic Carpet, Page Turn, Pizza Boxes, Rotating Frames, Spiral Bounce, and Twist.
- NewBlue Film Effects: The NewBlue Film Effects collection give your projects a filmic appearance, complete with the blemishes, jitters, spots, scratches, and graininess. This collection of 81 presets in 5 dynamic filters recreates the inexact mechanics of hand cranked cameras, dirty projectors, and decades sitting in film vaults. Best of all, NewBlue Film Effects includes powerful technology to emulate the color and lighting characteristics of film, so you can simulate a particular film stock or create a your own unique look. Includes: Film Camera, Film Damage, Film Express, Film Look, and Film Pro.
If you haven't tried Wondertouch particleIlluion, download a free demo today.
On a side note, particleIllusion for After Effects will be out in the near future. Stay tuned.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
All projects are generated 100% inside After Effects without any external footage sources. The only times when this happens is when linked audio files are used to drive animation. In these projects you only need to replace the audio and adjust the frequency ranges. Keep in mind that the perception of sound and music is different for everyone and that different types of music contain different frequencies and amplitudes, drastically changing the result of the output. View movies of Form presets.
Don't own Trapcode Form yet? Take Trapcode Form for a test drive.
Noise Industries released FxFactory 2 with support for Final Cut Express 4 as well as Final Cut Studio applications and Mac OS X Leopard and Tiger. It also FxFactory Pro has been completely redesigned with better rendering quality, better performance, contextual parameter interface, better compositing features and much more.
FxFactory 2 supports Final Cut Express 4 as well as Final Cut Studio. A single product will let you use the same plug-ins in three hosts: Final Cut Pro, Motion and Final Cut Express.
FxFactory 2 runs on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard as well as Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Look for improved performance and new, exclusive plug-ins when running under the new version of Mac OS X. FxFactory sports a new plug-in management interface which lets you browse installed plug-ins and see thumbnail previews of all the visual effects on your system.
The new effect browser displays relevant status information and lets you search, for example, for all transitions available in a given plug-in package. A quick look to the effect categories can help you determine where each plug-in is found inside Final Cut Pro, Motion and Final Cut Express.
The new version of FxFactory is fully compatible with your existing plug-in collection. Look for updated versions of your favorite plug-ins by CoreMelt, idustrial revolution, SUGARfx and Futurismo Zugakousaku to take full advantage of the new features in FxFactory 2.
What's new in FxFactory Pro?
- FxFactory Pro 2.0 includes 122 filters, generators and transitions. 50 plug-ins are new to this release. All FxFactory Pro plug-ins now support high-precision rendering and are fully customizable.
- Contextual parameter UI. When running FxFactory Pro plug-ins inside Final Cut Studio 2 and Final Cut Express, users can now enjoy a simplified parameter interface: parameters will be disabled and/or hidden when they are not relevant to the current effect configuration.
- Masking. A new masking engine is now part of many FxFactory Pro plug-ins. This advanced functionality saves an extra compositing step without sacrificing performance
- Better quality. Many plug-ins in FxFactory Pro are now capable of field-based rendering, a technique which provides better performance and better quality by avoiding filtering artifacts. The improved plug-ins require Final Cut Studio 2 applications and Final Cut Express.
- Super-fast glows. A new, completely redesigned "NI Glow" category sports a series of highly optimized glow and light spill variants. The ubiquitous "Glow" effect is fast, flexible yet simple to use, and capable of high-precision rendering.
- Improved classics. Some of our most popular plug-ins were improved or completely redesigned according to your feedback. For instance, new versions of Perspective Reflection and Videoconference sport a much easier configuration. New options and features make many old favorites better than ever.
- Better development features. This new version brings dozens of improvements for plug-in developers: an improved editing interface, new Core Image units for Quartz Composer, new or improved custom parameters and access to the latest features available with Final Cut Studio 2 applications and Final Cut Express (such as contextual parameter UI and field-based rendering techniques).
Upgrading from FxFactory Pro 1.0
Current FxFactory Pro 1.0 customers may upgrade to FxFactory Pro 2.0 for only $129. Upgrade pricing is available at our online store.
Please note that if you purchased FxFactory Pro 1.0 on or after September 15th, 2007 you are entitled to a free upgrade. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your registration code.
FxFactory Pro no longer bundles the Motion and Editing Packs. Although the Motion and Editing packs are now available separately from CoreMelt, this change does not affect users upgrading from FxFactory Pro 1.0, who will retain their license to the Motion and Editing Packs acquired when purchasing FxFactory Pro 1.0. The CoreMelt Motion and Editing Pack plug-ins may now be found under the effect categories that begin with "CM" (e.g. CM Glow).
Noise Industries Noise Industries FxFactory Pro has been updated to version 2.0, with plenty of new features including support for Apple Final Cut Express 4 as well as Apple Final Cut Studio and Apple Motion, 50 new plug-ins that are new to this release, a new plugin management interface, and much more.
Unlimited expandability: download more plug-ins at the FxMarket; Zero-coding plug-in development: create your own FxPlug effects without writing any code.New demo now available! Download the FxFactory Pro 2.0 Demo Now!
What's new in FxFactory:
- FxFactory is now compatible with Final Cut Studio 2 running on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- FxFactory is now compatible with Final Cut Express version 4.0 or later.
- FxFactory Pro now includes 122 filters, generators, and transitions which support high-precision rendering. All Pro plug-ins are fully customizable. 50 plug-ins are new to this release and may require Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard to run.
- FxFactory Pro no longer bundles the Motion and Editing Packs, now available separately from CoreMelt. This change does not affect users upgrading from FxFactory 1.0, who will retain their license to the Motion and Editing Packs that they acquired when purchasing FxFactory 1.0.
- Many plug-ins in FxFactory Pro now come with masking capabilities. Built-in or user-supplied masks can be used to apply an effect only to a specific region of the source image.
- The plug-in management interface has been redesigned to provide plug-in previews, better display of status messages and the ability to search for specific plug-ins within an FxPack.
- An improved, contextual parameter interface is available when running FxFactory plug-ins in Final Cut Studio 2 and Final Cut Express. Parameters will be disabled and/or hidden when they are not relevant to the current parameter configuration.
- FxFactory Pro sports improved, easier to use versions of the popular Perspective Reflection and Videoconference plug-ins (the older versions, which require a more advanced parameter setup, are still available for compatibility reasons).
- Many plug-ins available with FxFactory Pro 2.0 are now capable of field-based rendering, a technique that may double the rendering speed and reduce filtering artifacts. The plug-ins that sport this improvement (e.g. the Copy Machine transition) will only run on Final Cut Studio 2 and Final Cut Express.
- An improved font selection user interface is available for all font parameters.
- FxFactory Pro 2.0 brings many new plug-in development features such as improved support for high-precision and field-based rendering, new Core Image units, and context-sensitive parameter interface.
Today a preview of the Adobe Premiere Pro Update for Intel SSE4.1 was released on Adobe Labs. This optional update is meant to be a preview of the optimization work that is currently under development for the next release of Premiere Pro.
Monday, November 19, 2007
A friend of mine, Johnny B. Allen, who is a modo user says "One of the easiest modeling programs - Works great with Lightwave, Maya, and Zbrush. Plays well with others."
Would you like to try Trapcode Form? Would you like to buy Trapcode Form?
Friday, November 16, 2007
Talk to Mylenium at Toofarm Expert Forums. He's frequently posts great answers to tough questions.
NewBlueFX offers dozens of filters, equalizers, special effects and pro-quality production tools for digital video editors running Sony Vegas. Add Film Effects, Motion Blends, 3D Explosions, Art Effects, and transitions to your creative arsenal, along with powerful audio tools to enhance and add interest to your audio tracks.
NewBlueFx will soon be available for Adobe Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements - with After Effects and Final Cut Pro development in the future.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
"Almost a million digital filmmakers have made Final Cut their editing application of choice," said Rob Schoeben, Apple's vice president of Applications Product Marketing. "With the introduction of Final Cut Express 4, Apple makes it easy for anyone to join the rapidly growing community of Final Cut editors worldwide."
The new Open Format Timeline in Final Cut Express 4 allows users to mix and match DV, HDV and AVCHD material*, all in realtime using the same industry-leading editing and trimming tools found in Final Cut Pro. Supporting both 1080i and 720p HD resolutions, Final Cut Express 4 automatically performs the necessary scaling, cropping and frame rate adjustments. When starting projects from scratch, the new simplified setup automatically configures everything based on the first clip dropped on the Timeline.
Final Cut Express 4 makes it easy to import iMovie '08 projects and enhance them with advanced editing capabilities such as multiple layers of video and graphics, picture in picture effects and animated titles. It includes over 50 new FxPlug filters, including Soft Focus, Vignette and Light Rays, with hundreds more available from a rapidly expanding FxPlug developer community. With enhanced audio controls, users can automatically raise any clip to its maximum level without distortion using the new Soft Normalize and Gain controls. Final Cut Express 4 also features LiveType 2, which provides an intuitive environment for creating dynamic and fun animated titles and includes an extensive library of animated fonts, textures, templates and effects.
Pricing & Availability
Final Cut Express 4 is available immediately for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) through the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. Owners of previous versions of Final Cut Express can upgrade to Final Cut Express 4 for just $99 (US). Full system requirements and more information on Final Cut Express 4 can be found at Toolfarm.com.
*AVCHD is only supported on Intel-based Macs.
San Francisco, CA, November 15, 2007 - Red Giant Software is pleased to announce the availability of Trapcode Form, an organic 3D shape generator that allows users to create a wide variety of wild animations, from text logos that blow away like sand to surfaces that move like rolling fire or billowing smoke. All the unique 3D designs in Form can also be driven by audio to create visions that move with the beat. Trapcode Form comes with 61 customizable presets, as well as the ability to tweak them to get just the right look. Full integration with After Effects' 3D environment allows users to fly cameras through and around the animated forms.
- Create mesmerizing animations like the ones in Apple's iTunes visualizer, all within After Effects
- With direct integration of After Effects 3D camera, Form offers true 3D surfaces and volumes
- More than 60 presets to quickly create audio reactors, terrain flyovers, and more.
For detailed Product Information, visit: http://toolfarm.stores.yahoo.net/trapcodeform.html
Audio Reactors Form offers built-in audio reactors where the bass beat, a tambourine hit, or a lilting voice track can drive the motion, color, opacity, displacement, and other variables to generate mind-blowing visuals.
Powerful Presets Presets offer an easy starting point for novices and motion graphics professionals alike. The 61 presets are divided into five categories, including animation set to audio, flight presets that generate 3D terrain flyovers, and unique animations perfect for lower third titles.
Customize It Form also offers fantastic flexibility with ability to drive color, displacement, size, and more with images sourced from any layer in After Effects. This lets you generate everything from a logo that blows away like sand to a full 3D model of the Earth.
Pricing and Availability
- Trapcode Form is $199 USD and works with After Effects 7.0 / CS3 only on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Trapcode Form is one of the plug-ins in the Trapcode Suite 2007 collection, which sells for $711 USD. (Note: Price has been updated.)
Current Trapcode Particular customers qualify for a $50 USD discount on Trapcode Form from now through December 15, 2007. To participate, users need to complete the following online form. After completing the form, users will receive the Coupon Code.
Online Form to Apply for $50 Discount: http://redgiantemail.com/download_form.cfm?ID=72
Trapcode (http://trapcode.com) is a one-man company founded in 2001 by Peder Norrby. Over the years Trapcode's software tools have become part of the industry standard in motion graphics and visual effects. Trapcode focuses on creating groundbreaking, robust technology that is easy to start using for beginners and has many complex features for advanced users.
Trapcode is a privately held Aktiebolag (AB) based in Sweden. All sales and support are managed by Red Giant Software (http://redgiantsoftware.com).
About Red Giant Software
Red Giant Software LLC (http://www.redgiantsoftware.com) is a San Francisco-based company that develops professional tools for digital video production. Products are available as plug-ins for popular video editing and effects applications including After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, and Avid. All tools are based on production-proven technology developed by visual effects veterans.
The long awaited Trapcode Form (codenamed Flux) is now available. Trapcode Form is a grid-based 3D particle system with a twist. It can be used to create fluid, organic patterns, complex geometric structures and swirling stringy animations etc and it can be used to visualize audio. Form works in AE 7 and later.
We'll have our Plug-in Finder page dressed to the nines with awesome examples and images later on today, in the meantime, Harry Frank has put together some great stuff for you at AE Freemart. Download a demo and take Trapcode Form for a spin.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
QC Integration FX is the easiest way to create, modify and use any Quartz Composer composition directly as a video effect plugin for Final Cut Pro and Motion. The package already includes 52 Quartz Composer files, which means that this package provides you with 52 new plug-ins for Final Cut Pro and Motion.
QC Integration is not just another effect plug-in for Final Cut Pro and Motion. QC Integration is much more. This package is a new and easy to use platform to integrate any Quartz Composer composition as a plug-in directly into Final Cut Pro and Motion.
Each Quartz Composer composition shows up in Final Cut Pro and Motion as a Video Filter, Video Generator or Video Transition. With CHV's QC Integration package you can easily create new plug-ins (Quartz Composer compositions) for Final Cut Pro and Motion, modify existing ones and use any other Quartz Composer compositions you can find i.e. on the internet as a Final Cut Pro and Motion plug-in.
All FxPlug plug-in packages from CHV-electronics are GPU-accelerated, using the full power of the installed graphics adapter for direct feedback and fast rendering.
Pricing and Availability
QC Integration FX is priced at $95.00 and is available via download immediately at Toolfarm and from CHV's website.
CHV-electronics was founded in 1997 in Friedrichshafen, Germany. CHV's mission is to develop high quality software for the video industry and hardware and software suited for special customer needs. In addition CHV also provides video editing service as well as the full palette of all services for big screen video technology for exhibitions and control rooms.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
If you're a Vista user and have something to add to the tutorial, please email me at michele [at] toolfarm.com.
Be sure to check out the Imagineer Systems demo of mocha, mocha-AE and mokey when they come to New Media Hollywood to give a presentation.
mocha is a planar tracker that will really amaze you - the ease of use, the accuracy, and the way it fits into your workflow pipeline...
NEW MEDIA HOLLYWOOD: NOVEMBER 29, 2007
Two sessions: 9:00 am or 2:00 pm
Register here: SIGN ME UP FOR A DEMO, AND CHANCE TO WIN $8,000 of SOFTWARE.
On hand will be:
- Billy Woody, Imagineer Systems
- A "to be named" After Effects Expert !!
- Scott Taylor from Fast Path Coaching
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Tomorrow is the Discover the hidden power of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 eSeminar at 11am PST.
On November 15, there's a seminar called Working with Photoshop Extended to use with Premiere Pro and After Effects.
November 29 is Create DVD motion menus that wow your audience using Adobe After Effects CS3 and December 13 is A New World of Interactive Video Content.
Sign up today. It's free and you're certain to learn a lot.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
...and then buy the training. It's great. You won't regret it.
Imagineer Mocha review by Fred Ruckel. Fred likes Mocha. Buy mocha!... do it for the children.
Post Magazine Reviews Boris Continuum Complete 5
Here is an excerpt from the review: "Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) has become an indispensable tool for my post production workflow. A job is not 'complete' until it's been run through Continuum Complete. No matter what kind of job it is: from keying to motion tracking or grading to uprezing, BCC has something for everyone."
I don't have a link (yet) to the BCC review. Maybe it's not on the site yet. I'll keep an eye out. Learn more about Boris Continuum Complete in our Plug-in Finder
Monday, November 05, 2007
This update features 7 new plug-ins, extending the HD package to a total of 71 plug-ins with 16 bpc support. Upgrading from the bundled CycoreFX version means an additional 10 plug-ins. Also included in this update are 9 plug-ins that now also supports 32 bpc (float). Several others have added functionality, e.g built in support for AE lights, transfer modes and new UI options. All plug-ins are Universal Binaries and After Effects CS3 compatible.
CycoreFX HD 1.6 works in After Effects 5.5 - CS3 on MacOS X/OS 9/Windows
The update is free for all current CycoreFX HD owners. You can update by downloading the new demo and putting your serial number in. Or, just download the demo and take it for a spin.
For more info, please visit Toolfarm's Plug-in Finder > Cycore FX HD.
If you have any questions about the projects and the technique, please post to Toolfarm's Expert Forums and I'll do my best to help.