San Mateo, Calif. - Sept. 11, 2007 - Luxology® LLC today announced the immediate availability of modo® 301, the newest version of its award-winning, artist-friendly 3D content creation software. Available for both Mac OSX and Windows, modo 301 is a milestone release that features new sculpting and item animation, as well as extensive improvements to its modeling, painting and rendering toolsets.
"This release of modo redefines the creative 3D experience," said Brad Peebler, president and co-founder of Luxology. "Virtually any shape can now be created, textured and animated in a single environment; modo 301 invites experimentation and rewards the artist with new levels of efficiency."
modo 301 combines a powerful, real-time subdivision surface modeling engine with an artist-focused set of tools that harness sculpting, painting and rendering technologies to speed the creation of world class 3D content. modo is now time-enabled, encouraging designers and artists to explore an unprecedented range of content creation alternatives as well as produce finished animation sequences from within modo or via motion and deformation data from other applications. This unique combination of modern workflow and fused toolsets deliver increased productivity and performance for 3D artists working in a variety of disciplines including product design, architectural visualization, packaging design and a variety of entertainment industries.
Key features in modo 301's comprehensive release include:
- Precision Modeling and Sculpting: modo's world class subdivision modeler is further equipped with new snapping functionality and the addition of true 3D sculpting tools that speed base mesh creation and the creation of organic surface detail.
- Fluid 3D Painting: Painting is now threaded for superior performance; paint strokes can be seamlessly applied across multiple images and even onto multiple UV maps.
- Item Animation: Properties can be varied over time allowing modelers to, for example, perfect facial morphs by modeling on a moving face or enabling designers to walk-through or animate their designs.
- "Unleashed" Rendering: The modo renderer now operates on up to 50 workstations (cross platform) and offers rock solid global illumination and blurry reflections in animated sequences.
- Superior Workflow: Artists and designers will enjoy even smoother workflow in modo due to further refinement of the physical user interface, which is based on more than a dozen iterations that Luxology conducted with beta testers from a variety of disciplines.