Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Follow along on Sin City, the tutorial, which uses Silhouette Roto, a really great rotoscoping tool for After Effects and Final Cut Pro. It's also sold as a standalone application.
Technorati Links: Toolfarm | After Effects | Sin City | Silhouette Roto
Monday, August 22, 2005
- Sapphire for Symphony or Symphony Nitris
- Sapphire for MC Adrenaline, Media Composer
- Sapphire for Xpress Pro and Xpress DV
- Sapphire Essentials (50 effects) for Avid Xpress DV or Xpress Pro
- Sapphire for Xpress or Newscutter
- Sapphire for DS or DS Nitris
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
If you're not familiar with Squeeze, it's killer! It will make your movies so tiny for delivery on the web or cd with incredible quality. The first time I used it, I was absolutely blown away.
Technorati: after effects | sorenson squeeze
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Walker Effects is split into 3 packages, The Basic, Designer and Pro.
Read the press release.Walker Effects Announces Version 2.1
The Advanced Compositing Toolkit for Adobe After Effects.
Glendale, CA - August 15, 2005 - Walker Effects, a producer of leading edge tools for professional artists, is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1. This update includes minor fixes, feature and performance enhancements, improved stability and additional presets.
For years Walker Effects has provided the most advanced tools available for performing channel and compositing operations, and version 2.1 continues that tradition of constant improvement. Enhanced ability to work with individual channels makes it easy for compositors to highly customize and optimize their workflow. This equates to timesaving tools and essential techniques for professional artists. Walker Effects version 2.1 offers indispensable effects for manipulating color, generating special effects and working with 3D render passes.
(Edited for space)
Technorati: after effects | Walker Effects
monet is an innovative post-production toolset offering a start-to-finish solution for replacing elements in moving images. Available as a Node-Locked License and a Floating License.
mokey offers an essential toolset for removing wires, rigs, logos and other undesired elements from film and video. Also available as a Node-Locked License and Floating License.
Technorati: Mokey | Monet
Saturday, August 06, 2005
Want to try out Roto for After Effects? It's waiting for you at our demos page.
Technorati: after effects | Silhouette Roto
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
- DV PreKey technology This deartifacting technology pre-treats DV & HDV material deliverying great results
- Updated UI and new split screen View modes for more efficient keying
- Alpha channel adjustment integrated into the keyer
- Post key utilities Integrated secondary spill removal, simple and accurate Color Matching, and Light wrap built in to the keying interface
Technorati: After Effects | Primatte
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX v4 Avid Xpress DV & Xpress Pro
- Continuum Complete AVX 4 Upgrade (for XpressDV/Xpress Pro)
- Continuum Complete AVX 4 for Avid Adrenaline, Meridien, Symphony Nitris Systems
- Continuum Complete AVX 4 Upgrade (for Adrenaline and Meridien Systems)
Care to read the press release? Continuum Complete AVX (BCC AVX) streamlines workflow for the Avid editor. A set of more than 170 fully native filters and transitions animate directly in the Avid Effect Editor window. A large range of effects deliver everything from basic utility to eye-catching special effects for Avid systems. BCC AVX 4 is the only third-party plug-in package to take advantage of the new AVX 2.0 architecture from Avid.
Customers upgrading from Continuum Complete AVX 3 will get these new features:
- Access to Avid's Advanced Keyframing model for more precise animation control
- Support for 16-bit processing
- The integrated PixelChooser option that creates an animatable vector mask now includes b�zier handles for more precise control
- Motion Key isolates and removes moving foreground objects
- Hundreds of new presets
- New filters include Color Match, Halftone, Median, Corner Pin Tracker, Optical Stabilizer, and an OpenGL-based 3D Extruded Image Shatter
(Press release edited for space)
Technorati: Boris Continuum | After Effects
Monday, August 01, 2005
- RE: Vision Effects Re:Flex 3 for After Effects
- RE: Vision Effects Re:Flex 3 for Discreet
- RE: Vision Effects Re:Flex 3 for Shake
RE:Vision Effects Press Release
For Immediate Release
RE:Vision Effects, Inc. releases RE:Flex 3 for After Effects, Shake, Discreet Systems and combustion 4.
RE:Flex brings intuitive morphing and warping directly to combustion 3.0 or later, After Effects 5.0 or later, Shake 3.01 or later, and Discreet Systems (IFFFS)! Superior results are achieved using RE:Vision Effects' proprietary and sophisticated technology. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses the host program's own drawing and masking tools (when available) to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface.
RE:Flex is the first morphing program that combines hand feature-matching with automatic image registration. After aligning the hand matched shapes, RE:Flex 3 now uses the new tracking found in RE:Vision's acclaimed Twixtor 4.5 product to automatically align the non-handmatched parts of the image so that often less handwork is required.
What's new in version 3?
- Auto-align feature uses the improved Twixtor 4.5 tracking which provides more precise results than with previous versions of RE:Flex.
- Floating point image support added for Shake version.
- New anti-aliasing setting that uses less memory (but does so at the expense of speed). In the new method antialising is performed by repeated offset renders, with buffer accumulation. The old method is still available to users. This new feature is particularly useful to those warping and morphing large resolution images.
MipMapping. Now RE:Flex can be set to give better filtering results when parts of an image a squished by a factor of 2 or more.
New render-only pricing available for After Effects 6.0 or later (and continues to be available for Shake).
(Edited for length)